Music Lover
jakkebobb

Censored songs

I just wonder why you have to get songs censored the way you do? You literally destroy many songs with that. Maybe cursing doesn't sound so nice, but if you don't like the song they curse on, WHY do you listen to it?

I, as myself, don't care about the cursing but like to listen to the songs meaning. If a rapper made a song with meaning, but had cursing as a way to express himself, you should look at the meaning not the cursing. Maybe you can't find the meaning but that is YOUR problem. Seriously, when a song you like, gets bugged up with suddenly silent moments that doesn't fit in at all... YOU should know what I mean....

Spotify Legend
Jude

Re: Censored songs

[ Edited ]

Hi jakkebobb,

This is a very common complaint, although it is based on a misunderstanding, as Spotify does not censor music in any way. (Search for your favourite curse word if you want a demonstration of that). Any music that has been censored was submitted like that.

Albums are very often released and submitted to Spotify in two forms: the explicit version, and the clean (censored) version. Often, the only visible way to distinguish between these two versions is that one will have an "Explicit" sticker on the album artwork. Consequently, Spotify will consider them to be identical.

On the Artist page, the two albums will be collected together. One of the albums will be visible, the other one can be revealed by clicking the duplicate arrow that you see to the far right of the album title.
Music Lover
jakkebobb

aright, thanks man :)

Music Fan
fjøzne

How about this. Don't **bleep**ing accept **bleep**ing censored songs from retarded **bleep**ing censorshiphorny record companies. They **bleep**ing ruin the song. Fight spotify, fight!

Spotify Legend
Jude

We accept any and all content that record labels would like to give us. I'd expect any album that is uploaded in a "clean" version will also have its uncensored version uploaded too. Occasionally, the uncensored version doesn't appear, but that will be an error.

I don't think that we should stop clean versions being uploaded because some people actually want to listen to them, or at least need to play them that way sometimes.

Casual Listener
quizzelbuck

I actually listen to Spotify from my desk at work, and cannot have swearing coming from my computer speakers. I would like to know if there is a feature or a method of searching in spotify to eliminate any explicite songs from my "Work Safe" Mix so i don't have to worry about manually filtering my playlists. Pandora has this feature, which is why its been my player of choice lately. Can i tell spotify to some how NOT show me any explicite songs?

Spotify Legend
Jude

Spotify doesn't have this kind of filter at the moment, unfortunately. It's something I would like to see. Many customers report being in a similar situation, especially those listening with children (or elderly relatives).

Garage Band
hēnk

[ Edited ]

Here's an idea: create or search a playlist with SFW songs, then double-click it.

Regular
StevenIsAPan

Is there any way to view the duplicate albums from the iPhone app? Ever since the recent update, I can only view the censored version of an album, and it's really aggravating that everything I listen to is censored. Any idea of how to fix this?

Dre
Casual Listener
Dre

What about iPhone because there is clearly no option
Announcements

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.
If you'd like to join, please make sure you read the attached pdf file and fill out this form:
Please log in (or register) to see the link.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.