Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Music Fan
VanHorst

Dubstep/Post-Dubstep Playlist

dub

Dont expect wobbles or big drops, it's a small dubstep playlist for those who are not that into Skrillex and his little Friends (no hating) 

Expect regular updates, thought some might be interested :)

Richard
For your Spotifyes only
Name:
Department:
About me:

Re: Dubstep/Post-Dubstep Playlist

Thanks man, I'm interested in getting into Burial, etc. myself.

I might need a bit of education though, what exactly is 'post-dubstep?' I guess it's sort of the same as dubstep but without all the ridiculous wobble-bass etc? (Though I do consider all that to be a guilty pleasure of mine).

It seems a lot more.. relaxed almost.
Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips
Music Fan
VanHorst

Post-Dubstep can hardly be described. It's a mixture of dubstep and influences from other genres. Like Burials mixture of Dubstep and Garage or SBTRKT with his broad mixture of genres.

In its origins dubstep wasn't about the wobbles like the more popular Tracks of today.  Its a sad development in my opinion. Much of todays Dubstep is only about "who has the hardest drop" and "whose track is the most distored" what makes them highly replaceable. Melody and Rythm are playing a minor role. It's all a question of taste nonetheless. I personally can't stand guys like bassnektar or most of ruskos tracks. I still need a clear thread to hold onto like in most of Neros songs.

Richard
For your Spotifyes only
Name:
Department:
About me:

Yeah, I do like Nero - saw him play last year.

Thanks for the music lesson. It's an interesting genre.
Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

Music Fan
VanHorst

It's one of the genres with the most variety. Enjoy exploring it :)

Music Fan
VanHorst

i added some tracks recently, keep enjoying :)

Richard
For your Spotifyes only
Name:
Department:
About me:

I see you added some Zomby. Read it as Zomboy there for a moment - who I do really quite like.

Odd little coincindence, eh?

Music Fan
VanHorst

Zomboy only exists in my Hard Dub Playlist. Zomby is the one with a much broader variety but Zomboy has some really talented tracks too. 

Music Fan
Surfred

I must say say your playlist is quite interesting, i knew some artist already like Sbtrkt, never imagined a playlist of this genre so complete

This kind of music could be related to dubstep/alternative as some of the songs incorporate drum and bass, with a tight electronic touch, and even though it is kind of difficult to perceive, but you can enjoy the music building up and then a small and gentel drop. 

I understand your concern about skrillex etc.. who are becoming to commercial as dubstep is now something to mainstream, everybody listen to dubstep now! even though I must admit  sometimes I enjoy listening to skrillex work!

Music Fan
VanHorst

I'm with you on Skrillex, he is a great artist but i wanted to keep this playlist consistent in style and sound which is the reason i didn't add him.  I have no Problem with his music to get this straight :) 

Within the last days the List recieved a huge update. Check out Enigma Dubz - hard to Smile and DFRNT - Dear Theo in particular! Some tracks of the new Ghostek EP are featured too. 

Thanks to all the People who are following the list so far, i hope you're enjoying it!

Announcements

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.
If you'd like to join, please make sure you read the attached pdf file and fill out this form:
Please log in (or register) to see the link.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.