Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Finding a spotify member?

Finding a spotify member?

How do i add a member thats not on my facebook friends list?

31 Replies

I think there will be no any kind of that functionality since Spotify is not facebook and it could have privacy concerns.

This is my first day of using and its only giving me the option to add facebook friends and no one else. Ive tried searching for the profile name as i know what it is but it keeps coming up with an error.

Chookie - If you know their username, just search 'spotify:user:USERNAME' in the search bar in Spotify. Their profile will then pop up, and you'll be able to 'Add to Favorites'.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

hello,

i have tried to find a friend on spotify by using: spotify:user: (her username)

but i get an error : load user error,im 100% sure i have the right username

i tried it several times but its just not working..

does someone have a sulotion for this problem? cause we really want to share our music together.

Hey kimmel84, that's odd. Does the username have any strange characters in it? Like non-alphanumeric symbols?

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

No not at all,its just her name with the year of birth.

That's odd then. Please fill in our contact form to get in touch, we should probably give it a go for ourselves.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

okay i will.

thanks for your help

hope it can be solved ๐Ÿ™‚

greetzz

Hi, I'm having trouble with this as well, except that instead of there being an error or anything like that its simply as if spotify isn't even searching for anyone outside my fb friends. I've typed in the "spotify:username" before it and everything. I'm using the spotify ipad app, does that make a difference? Also I'm still on thr 48hr trial for the moment... 

Thanks, Sam

Hey Sam,

Sadly this isn't possible in the iPad application at the moment. You should be able to add them in the desktop version, however - just type in spotify:user:(username) and you'll come through to their profile.
Airhorn Enthusiast

This doesn't work for me either.

Tried searching spotify:user:username and get the Load User Error

This is from the desktop version.

Could really do with this being sorted - any ideas when it gets resolved?

I have the same problem ;( 

Hmmm strange, its working for me from the desktop application. You need to make sure you are using a Spotify username to search, it doesn't work with Facebook names or email addresses.

Can you find my profile? 

spotify:user:hammeh

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Yes i can find you, but can you fine me? spotify:user:allasergeeva

Yup ๐Ÿ˜‰

spotify user search.png

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

To do this in the Spotify mobile app, you need to do this search on the page where you search for Tracks, Albums, and Artists. Any of those tabs will do. It won't work in the search box on the Friends page. You are correct, that page only searches with you facebook friends.

For example I found comedian Rob Delaney's spotify by searching under Tracks for "spotify:user:12766821" minus the quotes.

Are there any plans to change the iPad app so that I can add and sync with other users who aren't on Facebook?

It's quite aggravating and for ยฃ10 a month I really think it should be a feature. I use it almost always on my iPad and do so for professional reasons too.

Thanks

Suggested posts