Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

PLEASE READ: Reporting Incorrect Track Info

Solved!

PLEASE READ: Reporting Incorrect Track Info

Hey folks! We're excited to confirm that Line-In can now be used by any Spotify user. 

Line-In is a tool that allows our most trusted fans and music lovers (like you) to suggest edits to the information we have about artists, albums, and songs on Spotify. This will help improve, extend, and confirm the data describing music - which will in turn help us improve experiences for Spotify Users and the Artists creating the music on Spotify.

You can find the tool by clicking in the three dots next to an Artist, Album, or Song and selecting Suggest an Edit.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Any success stories trying to get information corrected? I absolutely love Spotify but this is something I think they should start working hard on.

I think this aspect of Spotify is being a bit neglected, which is frustrating. Otherwise I can't understand how someone as popular as the film composer John Williams can be mixed up with the guitarist John Williams. It's been like that forever, it's glaringly obvious (there's more than a dozen albums wrongly attributed to him in his profile) and it makes navigating thorough his discography very annoying. I've reported it to no avail and I'd be very surprised if no one before me had done the same thing.

I've also reported a couple of things more, none of which has been solved.

As I said I really love Spotify and I've been a paying costumer for quite a while, but I really think this needs work.

View solution in original post

43 Replies

Ok,I understood.The Report is on the way.

Greets

I'm not getting those options:

doodle

Yes,I think that "Report a problem with a track" is the same.Write (Copy and Paste the Spotify URL) the data of the Song/Album and send it.That would have to be enough,i think...

Greets

Why do the reported information errors never get fixed?

For example: Case #: 345293 and #: 294241 which I reported in March, and have still not changed. They weren't even difficult issues to resolve, I sent the iTunes and Amazon links when I reported for you to see as well.

I am an artist on Spotify, and you have credited one of my albums to a different musician.

I have filled out your Contact Form. I have also contacted my aggregator, who have informed you of the situation several times now over the last two months. Your listing remains incorrect.

Please advise what I am to do next, besides pull my album off of Spotify.

Sincerely,

Leigh Marble

http://www.leighmarble.com/

Hey Artist,

Just contact to Spotify via Contact form, they pass this information to Content team.

Spoiler
However, there is email for this, but I can't publish it. So just use Contact form.

Spotify can you please improve this reporting system to Spotify inside program??

Yes, as I mentioned, I already contacted Spotify through their Contact form. And I had alerted my content provider/aggregator about this going back two months now. They have been trying to get Spotify to correct their metadata.

For more details on this story, please see this thread.

Thank you,

Leigh

Hello,

I've written about my name being misspelled on a track for a compilation album. The track seems to be very popular, so that pretty much sucks.

I just want to make sure my request got through, because the response I received seemed like Spotify isn't going to do anything about it:

If you have a question about Spotify, your first stop should be the Spotify Community http://community.spotify.com/ for support from other users. This is also a great place to read up on any company updates that might affect your service as well as posting your own ideas and feedback.

Then check out our Help pages http://www.spotify.com/help/overview/. The FAQs contain solutions to the most common queries and guides on how to use Spotify's features.

You can also now follow or Tweet our Spotify Customer Service Team @Spotifycares for all things Spotify.

We're sure that these solutions will help you with your query. Remember that we'll keep you in the loop on any major service updates via our Twitter:
https://twitter.com/#!/spotifystatus @Spotifystatus

Marked as solution

Any success stories trying to get information corrected? I absolutely love Spotify but this is something I think they should start working hard on.

I think this aspect of Spotify is being a bit neglected, which is frustrating. Otherwise I can't understand how someone as popular as the film composer John Williams can be mixed up with the guitarist John Williams. It's been like that forever, it's glaringly obvious (there's more than a dozen albums wrongly attributed to him in his profile) and it makes navigating thorough his discography very annoying. I've reported it to no avail and I'd be very surprised if no one before me had done the same thing.

I've also reported a couple of things more, none of which has been solved.

As I said I really love Spotify and I've been a paying costumer for quite a while, but I really think this needs work.

@HappyOutcast wrote:

I think they should start working hard on.

Teehee.

Got a success story here! I was about to come on and complain that they hadn't fixed the album, but I just checked now and it's been resolved! Hurrah! I submitted it about 2 years ago. 

The band name is Almamegretta (they've contributed to Planet Funk) and about 5 of their tracks were choppy. I mean it was like every other second it jumped and was unlistenable. They don't strike me as someone a lot of people would listen to, therefore I doubt a mass protest would have forced Spotify to reupload.

Found another person (Alexi Murdoch) where the songs cut off halfway through, so I shall submit that now.

Success story! Woo!

These tracks are NOT Daft Punk! They are, however, an offense to by auditory senses!:

Reported under Spotify Case # 00251150. Is there a way to review progress of a case?

I definitely know they listen to user feedback, since I told them about something back in May, and I think it was about two weeks later where I checked and saw that it was corrected.

Rancid's self-titled album from 1993 and their also self-titled album from 2000 were grouped under the same album (with the first tracks being listed under "Additional tracks"). Nice to see they're separate now.

An odd thing happened today, though. I mentioned that there was a typo in one of Rancid's tracks from ...And Out Come the Wolves: "A Journey to the End of the Easy Bay" (should be "East" instead of "Easy"). Anyway, this is the reply I got from the Spotify Support Team:

"Hej,

Tack för att du har tagit dig tid att kontakta oss här på Spotify.

Jag har skickat vidare felet till relevant avdelning och en uppdatering kommer inom kort.

Om jag kan hjälpa till med något annat i framtiden, tveka inte att kontakta oss igen."

Google Translate:

"Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us here at Spotify.

I have passed on the problem to the relevant department and an update will follow shortly.

If I can help with anything else in the future, do not hesitate to contact us again."

OK, I get that Spotify is based out of Sweden, but if I write in English shouldn't that be what I get back? Just sayin'.

The song "Kamp för Blodet Och Äran" by the band Endless Pride has wrong info, it says that the artist is "E" which I'm guessing is supposed to be followed by ndless Pride.

Not sure wether this is the right place to report a entire album, but...

"Kvist - For kunsten maa vi evig vike" is not the correct album, its not even the right artist. I have no idea what band or album it is thats labeled as this one, but its not kvist.

Example of the correct album and sound: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s80QBT5xfEQ

When I click on the track "**bleep** Everything" By Suicide Silence, it plays the track "You Only Live Once" and vis versa. Not a big problem. But if you could fix it that would be great.

Some noise for yours hears: www.yourweeklyplaylist.com

it's a blog of intresting spotify playlist... stay tuned...

"If you've seen either

[...]

- a track or album that isn't playing correctly (i.e. a song only playing one second of music)

We will update our database with the correct information as soon as the label or aggregator has sent us an update with the correct data."

In other words, we don't care, it's all the label's fault. Spotify forgets that we are paying Spotify, not the labels. So take some resposibility!

I reported tracks with playback errors, which is definitely worse than an error in metadata. I reported them months ago, and they have not been fixed.

I used to like and support Spotify, now I on the verge of dropping my subscription and switching back to buying and ripping CDs. I used to wish Spotify well, now I wish a company that cares (Amazon? Apple?) takes over the idea and kicks Spotify out of the market,

Suggested posts