Music Chat

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Regular
LiquidGroup

Playlist question (organize, save file play order, rearrange)

I was wondering, if you guys could answer a few questions for me as I am building a playlist and keep messing it up.

1. How do I save the file order of my playlist? Meaning, once they are added in, they won't become disorganized if I push any of the column buttons.  

2. Is there an easier way to filter out duplicates from a playlist?

3. What does the paperclip mean in a playlist?

4. If I delete a public playlist, is there a way to get it back?

Regular
LiquidGroup

Re: Playlist question (organize, save file play order, rearrange)

Does anyone know how to organize songs by play order? 

For Example

http://sharemyplaylists.com/hipster-international-1

lists the play order but when viewed it won't stay.

Richard

[ Edited ]

Hey, welcome to the Community - I'll try to answer your questions as well as I can.

1. Dragging and dropping tracks is the way to set the order of a playlist. If you do accidentally sort it by artist, album, etc. then just a few more clicks on that column will put it back to how it was before.

2. There isn't an easy way to do this yet. For now, you'll just need to pick them out I'm afraid.

3. The 'linked' icon pops up when the track has been replaced by another in the catalogue. Say for instance we don't have a particular track available in your region, but we do have another version of it.

4. If you've still got a link to the playlist then you should be able to find it again, even when it's been deleted. Otherwise, let us know and we'll help you out.

5. I'm not entirely sure how the integration with ShareMyPlaylists works - the order on the site isn't the default order for how it comes up in Spotify (that is an awesome playlist though, I'm a subscriber).

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips
Regular
LiquidGroup

Ah ok,

Thanks! How dpes spotify save the playlist order?

Converted from Pandora, and I am likling the easability. What would be very cool is if you could take a playlist then move and expand it so that it will pick up the mood of your playlist and add more.
Richard

All your playlist data is stored on our servers, so the order should be the same wherever you access it.

And as for your mood idea, I'm reminded of the Moodagent app. You can use this to create new playlists based on the same 'mood' as a track of your choice. Or try out the Radio feature. There's plenty of ways to discover new music in Spotify.

Let me know if you'd like some more ideas to try out.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

Regular
Rpalagy

Unfortunately, my playlists play out of order on my iPhone app. I start in the middle and they seem to jump to the top or a random location.
Richard

Rpalagy wrote:
Unfortunately, my playlists play out of order on my iPhone app. I start in the middle and they seem to jump to the top or a random location.

Do you have shuffle turned on?

Regular
Rpalagy

I see the double arrow and the word "Shuffle" at the top of the list.  When I attempt to click it - to toggle it ...it immediately starts playing something else.  How do I know if it's active or not?  It's colored a dark grey at all times.  I DON'T want it on ever.

Community Manager
Meredith

Hi Rpalagy - Once you click on the word 'Shuffle' at the top of your playlists a track sould start playling and appear on your screen. 

From there, please the 'i' button in the top left. From there you will see if the 'Shuffle' is on (green) or off (gray). If it's green simply hit it again to turn it off. Then hit the 'i' button to return to your track. 

photo.PNG

--------
Looking for tunes?

What I've been listening to

Regular
Rpalagy

Thanks Meredith!  That was it!!!!

Announcements

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.
If you'd like to join, please make sure you read the attached pdf file and fill out this form:
Please log in (or register) to see the link.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.