Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Why do Spotify remove songs from the service?

Why do Spotify remove songs from the service?

Okay so having been a Spotify premium user for several months and enjoying the service, I come today to discover that one of my favorite collections "The Dark Side of Classical Music" has been replaced by utter garbage tracks in the totally wrong key and sound nothing like the ones I enjoyed listening to. I'm not very happy that they can just remove tracks off the service like that and I would really like an explination, its not just this collection either, during the summer some of my other tracks disapeared off the service as well.

I don't see why I should be dictated to what I can and cant listen to on my Mac and iDevices when I'm paying good money for a service and to be honest if things continue my money could be spent better elsewhere. Not very impressed at all. 

I would be very appricateive of an explination as to why this seems to be an on going thing.

thanks Ryan 

41 Replies

You really have nothing to complain about. This is normal for streaming services. Netflix and Amazon Prime for example have to drop movies and shows all the time. But they are constantly adding new ones as well or making ones that cost money previously, free at some times. You aren't paying for a specific library or guaranteed base of content, you are paying for a service that has varying selection at varying times and to be able to stream whatever is available. And not to mention, at the monthly price for Spotify, you are getting a very nice selection. 

Also keep in mind that you can always go to services like YouTube and listen to just about anything in existence if you are really having a craving for some song that is no longer on Spotify. It's not as convenient but it will cure that craving so you can get on with other great streaming tracks. 

I switched a long time ago to Google Play Music, which is now YouTube Music. It's not that convenient but you can upload your music. So if something has been pulled off I get it from somewhere else and upload it to my account.

Suggested posts