Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Delete duplicates from Spotify playlist in minute - guide

Delete duplicates from Spotify playlist in minute - guide

Hey to everyone.

UPDATE: IF YOU DON'T WANT TO FOLLOW THIS GUIDE, THERE IS A LITTLE TOOL WHICH WORKS STRAIGH AWAY WITH YOUR ACCOUNT AND DETECTS ANY DUPLICATES. http://jmperezperez.com/spotify-dedup/

Tired to watch duplicates 24/7 in your playlist? I show how you can delete all duplicates from your Spotify in less than one minute! Rate and comment my guide. I know everything about Spotify.

duplicates1.png

Go to this site http://paulvi.nl/deduplicator/. Please go to your Library or playlist in Spotify and select all tracks. Then copy and paste to Word/this forum/other software that convert those to text like in picture and then to this site in link. Then click DeDuplicate. Danger: do not close this page at all for a while. Also text is better than links because you may added duplicates where Spotify url is different, so this tool does not show those as duplicates when you use links for comparing.

duplicates2.png

Go to this site http://www.quickdiff.com/index.php. Go now to previous site. Copy and paste first box to left side & copy and paste second box to right side. Now compare.

duplicates3.png

Now just scroll and see all those highlighted lines (duplicates).

duplicates4.png

Search those now from Spotify playlist and delete (Search bar in Windows: CTRL + F). You may also want to check duplicates from Starred list view or Library view at the same time. Enjoy!

Hope this help! Big credits to anyone who created those awesome tools for us!!! However why Spotify does not provide a tool inside Spotify? But before this official tool, you can use my guide. I really like Spotify now, it's just simple to listen music and now realised how to listen without those duplicates... Really I can remember when I searched those manually. 😄

90 Replies

Hey there.

Yeah there limits on automatival tool. However I'm glad manual tool helped.

Have a nice new year 😉

Hey just before I try it. Is it safe to use.

Absolutely

Im using a playstation 3/4 only, so NONE of this will work on that(you CANT even make playlists on it) it duplicated a lot songs on my ps4 BY ITSELF somehow on bootup. Even spotify cant/wont work that one out apart from delete entire programme (including songs) and reinstall

Hi.

You can use spotify on Web Player thru Firefox on PC etc.

https://play.spotify.com/browse

Or you have only Playstation?

This is really great.  I just cannot figure out how to select a range of tracks, so I can only select one at a time.  I have about 900, so that would be extremely tedious. 

By select, do you mean tick (check)?

In desktop app, keep shift and select first and last track of list! or simple CTRL+A. Please note not to push delete button, as it will erase the list content. Then CTRL + C 🙂

I want to delete duplicate playlists not duplicate songs.  Can this be done?

Playlist removal is only manual work.

Do you want to remove playlists with same name or do you have playlists with same content?

Thank you so much!!

Thanks a lot for your help, worked excellent, still left a fe dupes but all good!

@mgmaxed wrote:
Thanks a lot for your help, worked excellent, still left a fe dupes but all good!

Hey there. Welcome to the forums.

I'm glad it helped to remove the most of dupes. It is a less work on manual then.

I hope you will have a nice day!

Kind regards.

hey there hpguru, i just wanted to thank you for this great tool. it saved me a lot of times.

This approach doesn't seem to work anymore. At least not for me.

When I drag the songs back to spotify I only get the "cannot drag that here" mouse cursor and nothing happens. If I drag a single song then it starts to play that song instead of adding it to the playlist. If I copy/paste then Spotify crashes.

Also, when I paste from Spotify to the DeDuplicator tool I don't get artist/song names as shown in the image in the first post, but instead a list of URLs. For example https://open.spotify.com/track/3DGpl43p3JSOFE5h9OADZ6

Did something change in Spotify?

Hi thanks for making this tool.

However, I tried copying my music from the desktop progam to Word/Excel, but I'm only getting the spotify links instead of the Artist & Name. (Used ctrl+a -> ctrl+c -> ctrl+v)

Do you know how I can only get the Artists and Names?

Thanks!

EDIT:

Figgered it out. Had to drag and drop the files in Excel instead of copy/paste.

is there a program and or manner in which to get our total song count at any given time? 

Excellent- saved me loads of time!! Thanks!!

Thanks so much for this! I just deleted hundreds of duplicates across all my playlists in just a few minutes. I checked a few to make sure it wasn't deleting anything that shouldn't be and it all checked out. Awesome tool!

Hi, 

I tried to copy and paste all my songs, but when I paste the songs in the Spotify DeDuplicator, the songs are shown as links. How can I paste text/names of the songs instead of links for comparing? Thank you! 

Simple and Super easy.

Thank you

Suggested posts