Newcomers and Contribution

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Music Fan
laurien71
Accepted Solution

Have premium membership, how do I download music?

Hello everyone,

New to Spotify and just paid for my premium membership. Could someone tell me how I can download music to my PC?

Thanks!

Peter
Kudos: 12,398
Solutions: 3,405
I'm a Community Rock Star

Re: Have premium membership, how do I download music?

Hey! Welcome to the community :) 

Spotify premium allows you to download playlists for offline usage inside the Spotify client, you can do that by pressing the "Available Offline" slider at the top of the playlist. This means you will be able to listen to tracks when you don't have an internet connection. 

You can't however take those tracks (or any Spotify content) outside of the Spotify client for use in another program as you do not own the tracks.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Yoda and Bug Whisperer

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Music Fan
haikukodomo

How to take those tracks (or any Spotify content) outside of the Spotify client for use in another program as you do not own the tracks.

Joe

Spotify content is only playable using the spotify application on the relevant device.

Joe
I don't work for Spotify, I'm just here for the beer music

Check out my collaborative audiobook playlist

Music Fan
bigjohn47

how do i down load music to my pc

Adam

bigjohn47 wrote:

how do i down load music to my pc

Hey, welcome to the Community.

With a Premium subscription you can sync music to be available offline on your computer/mobile, but there's no way to export content outside of Spotify. We offer a streaming model so you pay a subscription (or use the ad-supported Free service) to stream tracks from our catalogue. We then pay royalties based on those streams. If you were able to export music outside of Spotify we wouldn't be able to track plays and wouldn't be able to compensate rights-holders, which we don't think is fair.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.
Gig Goer
smallangel82

I thought thats the whole point of the premium account. You pay so you can download music... what a waste of time then if you cant. I dont mind paying but I dont want to be stuck with just one software which is why I didnt want to use itunes or Amazon.....

Peter
Kudos: 12,398
Solutions: 3,405

smallangel82 wrote:

I thought thats the whole point of the premium account. You pay so you can download music... what a waste of time then if you cant. I dont mind paying but I dont want to be stuck with just one software which is why I didnt want to use itunes or Amazon.....

Spotify is a streaming service, not a download service ;) 

You pay to stream music from Spotify, you never "own" it. The offline playlist feature is more like renting a DVD in old school times (before we had netflix!). 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Yoda and Bug Whisperer

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Music Fan
Basdableda

sad to hear this, I've just bought few months Premium.

I discovered  some very good versions of few songs on Spotify  and wanted to slowdown some solos with other programs.

Maybe you can add this to spotify as new feature?

I know a lot of musicians, who would be appreciated if you could do this.

Regards

Music Lover
primaltare

Spotify, don't you realise that I like to own the music? I was about to purchase Spotify premium hearing that you can download the music while offline, but now I see that it's still kept on your program. While I like the idea, I want to still have my music if something ever happens to Spotify.
Announcements

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.