Newcomers and Contribution

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Music Fan
MrsS

Sharing playlists without Facebook

Hi,
I am a music teacher trying to share playlists with my students. Firstly , is this possible if I am a premium user and they only have basic spotify ? Also, I want to do it without using Facebook at all, for obvious reasons. How is this possible please ?
Peter
Kudos: 12,386
Solutions: 3,398
I'm a Community Rock Star

Re: Sharing playlists without Facebook

[ Edited ]

Hey! Welcome to the community :) 

Yes it will work regardless of what subscription plan you are on. 

The easiest way for you to share I think is to just give them the link to your playlist, either on paper or via email. You can get the link by right clicking on the playlist name and selecting "Copy HTTP link" or "Copy Spotify URI" they both point to the playlist. When a student clicks on either of these from an email lets say, it will automatically open in their Spotify client. (Or type the HTTP link into a webbrowser, or copies the URI directly into the Spotify search box)

Alternatively, but this requires a little more effort you could collect all of your students usernames (but be warned if they have accounts created through Facebook their Spotify usernames will be all numbers) and then you can find them in the client by searching for:

spotify:user:USERNAME

with USERNAME replaced with their Spotify username (Note: Spotify and Facebook Usernames are totally different things!) Once you have followed them you can then send them playlists directly to their Spotify inbox by right clicking on the playlist name, selecting "Share" > "Share with Friend" and then enter their name in the box (with an optional message) > Send.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Yoda and Bug Whisperer

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Music Fan
MusikLuna

Hi!

My boyfriend doesn't have facebook but he has premium. I have facebook username but dont have premium. I know his spotify username, but when I search after him Spotify says the user cant be found.

I have right clicked the playlist and clicked on share. Then clicked, Send to but I cant find him. Shouldnt this sharing thing work the other way? Or is it because I am connected through my facebook account that I cant share with someone that doesnt have facebook?

What can I do to make this work?

I just want to share my playlist with someone that hasnt facebook. I only have an account through facebook.

Thank you for answering soon.

Peter
Kudos: 12,386
Solutions: 3,398
I'm a Community Rock Star

You need to find his profile and follow him. Try searching for it by searching for:
spotify:user:hisusername

so for example my profile is:
spotify:user:hammeh

Peter
Spotify Community Yoda and Bug Whisperer

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Announcements

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.