Close
Music Fan
Dustin1986
Accepted Solution

Spotify for Canada?

[ Edited ]

Been using my friends spotify for awhile and wanted my own account/ subscription.

I've been basically using youtube or downloading music.

I tried to make an account but spotify isn't available in Canada yet.

I don't mean to be skeptical, but spotify is available in Mexico and a good number of other countries already.

Do you guys have plans to release spotify in Canada soon? I see posts on here from a year ago and not many reads.

Really, I'd like to know when it's coming. Now when I try to use my friends account it tracks my IP and stops everything altogether.

I was able to use it up until today, why the change? I'm wanting to subscribe and can't...

Music Lover
Enigmat1k

Re: Spotify for Canada?

I'm not even from Canada, and I feel Dustin's pain. I couldn't imagine not having a service that I'd be completely willing to pay for, just because I'm in a certain part of the world. No language barrier, just a location that the service is unavailable in.

My questions are: 

1. How hard would this be to implement? (Having Spotify for Canada)

1. a. If it's easy, then...

2. Why is Spotify denying itself more income by denying certain users that wish to pay, use, and support such a great program?

3. Are there even any current plans to implement Spotify in Canada? If so, can we get some information on this?

Anthony
Kudos: 1,114
Solutions: 213

Hi,

I'm going to escalate this over to the staff so hopefully they might be able to give you a rough timeframe. However bear in mind Spotify don't say when they're going to release things, so they may not say when it will be available in Canada. Worth a try though!

Anthony :)

This post was by Anthony! I do not work for Spotify! If this solved your issue - mark it as a solution! Do you agree with/like my post? Please add a Kudo!

Spotify Community profile: Anthony | So feel free to PM me! Here
| Twitter profile: anthonyb256 |

Community Manager
Rorey

Hi folks. Rorey from Spotify here.

We would of course like Spotify to be available in all markets but licensing can vary from country to country. We are launching Spotify in more countries regularly. However, we do not have any further information about a specific launch date for Canada. As soon as we have an update, we'll be sure to post in the Spotify Blog. 

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips
Music Lover
Enigmat1k

Would it be possible to request a status update on this topic, gentlemen?

Thanks in advance. 

Peter
Kudos: 9,346
Solutions: 2,587

Enigmat1k wrote:

Would it be possible to request a status update on this topic, gentlemen?

Thanks in advance. 

As said above, check the blog. ;)

I haven't heard any news about launch in Canada unfortunately.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Yoda and Bug Whisperer

Unavailable 28th March-1st April + 5th-19th April. If you require help during this time, please do not contact me directly.
Spotify Last.FM Community PM Twitter spoti.fi/meetpeter

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Community Manager
Rorey

Unfortunately, we're only able to offer country launch updates once they have happened. As long as you've added your email here, you'll be notified of a country launch as soon as we have an update.

https://www.spotify.com/why-not-available/

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips
Music Fan
ewurlitz

[ Edited ]

Hi there, 

I live in Los Angeles and subscribe to Spotify. However, I am moving to Canada for 10 months. 

Is there a way for me to continue using Spotify while in Canada? 

If not, is there a way to "freeze" my account so that I can keep my playlists and have them on my Spotify account when I return to Los Angeles next year? 

If I unsubscribe, I am assuming that I lose all the playlists I have created!! That would be awful. 

Thanks! Also, is there a customer service help line? I have looked on the website, but cannot locate a telephone number to call for customer service. 

Best, 

Elena 

My e-mail: <<SNIP>>

[Edit: Snip-Email(Privacy)-Peter]

Peter
Kudos: 9,346
Solutions: 2,587

Hey @ewurlitz ! Welcome to the community :) 

If you currently subscribe to Spotify unlimited or premium, you are free to use your account anywhere in the world for as long as you like providing you continue to pay for your account from a country where Spotify is available. So if your payment method is going to remain active whilst you are away, you should be good to go - no hassle at all! 

If you wish to cancel your account so you won't be charged, or you are using Spotify free don't worry, your playlists and followers will remain on your account until you return without the need for you to do anything. Spotify never remove those from your account, no matter what subscription plan you are on. 

If you want to talk to someone from Spotify, you can get in touch via email using this form. Spotify don't have telephone support. I am also just going to hide that email address from your post incase a bot picks it up and spams you! Best to keep those details private ;) 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Yoda and Bug Whisperer

Unavailable 28th March-1st April + 5th-19th April. If you require help during this time, please do not contact me directly.
Spotify Last.FM Community PM Twitter spoti.fi/meetpeter

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Music Fan
RobbieBoy

Ive lived in England for the all my life, and have recently moved to Canada for a year, i have had to buy a new phone (Nokia Lumia 520) and wanted to get Spotify on it. I already pay for a premium account every single month in England, and have now just found out that i wont be able to get it on the phone oive just bought in Canada!! This truly sucks as I bought the phone specifically to listen to my Music. I know Spotify isnt here in Canada, but i have it on my English Laptop and want it on my phone, but cant get it!!!

Please Help!! Deprived Music Fan here!!

Announcements
Win free Premium
We're fans of music around here. And amazing animated GIFs.
So, for our next competition we're combining the two.

Join our new contest here.

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.
If you'd like to join, please make sure you read the attached pdf file and fill out this form:
Please log in (or register) to see the link.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.