Newcomers and Contribution

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Regular
monalisasmiles

making CD's

I have a silly question....but....can you make CD's from your playlist with Spotify premium?  I thought it would be similiar to itunes but yet I cannot figure this out.  Help!  :smileyhappy:

Regular
ProtoTRD

Re: making CD's

No. To burn the CD would mean owning the songs. Technically you don't own any of these songs, Spotify is just lending it to you.

Garage Band
darkdj09

It would be very difficult to do this, since each of the songs in spotify are actualy stored in around 30 seprate files wich contain a littile bit of the data for each song. So unless you have a way of figering out wich bits of data from each file are for wich song and merging those bits of data together in mp3 format you cant burn it to a disk.

JSM
Community Legend
licenced

Even that wouldn't work - the files aren't raw OGG and merging would not make a complete, playable file

If you want to make CDs you need to buy the tracks (which is what iTunes lets you do - Spotify is not the same). In some countries you can buy using a link in the Spotify app, through 7Digital.
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence
Richard

licenced wrote:
In some countries you can buy using a link in the Spotify app, through 7Digital.

Just to clarify, the Download service (available throughout Europe) is no longer provided through 7Digital but is entirely managed by Spotify now.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips
Community Legend
licenced

Ah, thanks for correcting me :-)
----------------
Regular
mnarkpanek

so.....what am I paying for ? ....... if ALL THE FILES ON SPOTIFY ARE NOTHING BUT DATA FILES , YOU CAN  MAKE  PHYSICAL CD'S OF THESE FILES (DATA)  BUT  THEY WILL NOT PLAY BE ABLE TO BE PLAYED  ON ANY  CD PLAYING DEVICE.(LIKE A STERO .....OTHER THEN  A COMPUTER, I feel that Spotify is a huge rip off....... anyone  WHO  JOINS  is better to  just be a free member other then pay 10.00 a month for nothing, Preimum member has the same  benifits as a free member all you'll ever be able to do is listen......... so  your are giving your money away  and getting nothing  in return,  all you can do on Spotify is listen  you can burn DATA CD's of your files or what you thought was MP3s of your downloaded Music BUT it can ONLY BE PLAYED ON A COMPUTER YOU CAN NOT  take the CD's you have bruned and play them in a car or a home stero  SO AGAIN WHAT AM I FOR ??????? i FEEL I HAVE BEEN GETTINBG RIPPED OFF MAJORLY

Community Legend
licenced

There are many benefits to a Premium account.

Any subscription level is able to stream any of Spotify's millions if tracks. A Premium subscription gets rid of the ads, gets rid of the five play per single track limit, gets rid of the 10 hour a month limit, allows you to download the tracks to listen to when you are not connected to the internet, allows you to use the Android/IOS/Win7 apps and allows you to listen on various other devices like Sonos.

If you don't use some of those features then maybe an Unlimited subscription would do for you as that still removes the ads and the play limit.

If you want to treat the music like you own it then you need to buy CDs or MP3s - that option costs more than Spotify for a good reason
----------------
Regular
mnarkpanek

so what your saying i that THERE ARE NO MP3'S ON spotify  ? do I stand correct ? so again  what am I paying for that a FREE member ship wont do for me if Spotify is ONLY a listening  device? you can never own the songs like you vcan on Rhospody ???/am I right ???

Community Legend
licenced

Correct. If you want MP3s to own you pay extra.

Again, what you get with a Premium account over and above a free one is:

licenced wrote:
A Premium subscription gets rid of the ads, gets rid of the five play per single track limit, gets rid of the 10 hour a month limit, allows you to download the tracks to listen to when you are not connected to the internet, allows you to use the Android/IOS/Win7 apps and allows you to listen on various other devices like Sonos.

And I thought of another: it allows you to listen while abroad.
----------------
Announcements

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.