Social - Off Topic

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Music Fan
matt_l

How can Spotify compete with Apple releasing iRadio? What can we do to stop people going to Apple?

iRadio is set to be released globally by technology giant Apple. I am really worried about Spotify's future. I will always use Spotify for the rest of my life, but I know others will move. We must all get together and stop a massive surge to Apple. Apple is too big. One of the reasons I'm sticking with Spotify is because it's a small guy in an Apple dominated music landscape. I have read many articles which say iRadio is going to be cheaper and has the potential to crush it's competitors. Also they say iRadio is a lot safer finacially as Apple and the music compaines bascilly need each other. (Through Apple's iTunes) It is said that the music companies know that Spotify needs them, but they do not need Spotify. (see more here http://www.businessspectator.com.au/article/2013/6/11/technology/why-apples-iradio-could-fly-or-flop

All I want to know is:

What is Spotify doing?

What can we do? (Besides paying subscriptions)

What are your views?

Will you be switching to apple? Why? / Why not?

The only way I am ditching Spotify is if they get taken over by Apple or another big company. I tend to prefer to support the companies who own and operate themselves.

Garage Band
edga

Re: How can Spotify compete with Apple releasing iRadio? What can we do to stop people going to Appl

I won't switch either. Spotify changed my life and I'm going to be loyal.  Even though I have problems to use it on my phone I still pay the subscription. 9.99 is the least I can do for all the good that came out from Spotify

Peter
Kudos: 12,482
I'm a Community Rock Star

Re: How can Spotify compete with Apple releasing iRadio? What can we do to stop people going to Appl

Spotify isn't going anywhere, I am sure they are prepared for the fight! 

As big as apple is, I am sure Spotify's catalogue is probably actually larger (since new services only tend to sign big labels first)!

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Yoda and Bug Whisperer

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Jonahman10
Topics: 1
Kudos: 68
I'm a Community Rising Star

I am new to Spotify, but I am a firm believer that Spotify and "Classical" music are allies. I am not aware much of Apple's business plan, but believe that Spotify will be able to hold its own.

~Soli Deo Gloria~
* If you see a single asterisk like before this sentence, it most likely denotes sarcasm.

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Classical Musicians Unite!
Announcements

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.