Music Fan
Pietras95

Target Audience for Spotify

Hello there , can someone tell me or know infromation about target audience for Spotify  , im doing a presentation about Spotify , but i cant find anything on google.....

Label Star
Christoffer

Re: Target Audience for Spotify

Hello!

I guess the target audience is everybody who likes and want to listen to music :)

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Check album availability here

Want to search artists/bands by city? Visit this site
Adam

Hey @Pietras95 - good question! My degree is partly in media, so I couldn't resist replying. It can be quite fun to figure out what a company's target audience is, without asking directly. ;-)

You just need to ask the right questions and look at what images/marketing/design we use suggests about who we're aiming at.

For example, head to www.spotify.com. What do the images we use there suggest? Are the people old/young? Where are they, e.g. at home, on holiday? What are they wearing? Then try to think why we'd show people who are listening to music at home - are we targeting people who spend a lot of time at home, e.g. people who don't have jobs?

At least one person is using an iPad, so that suggests we're targeting people who can afford/want to use iPads - would that be students? Parents? Teenagers? 

We also use a bunch of different album covers on that website homepage - what can you tell about those? Do we only show albums from the last 10 years? Is it all in one genre/music style?

One of the things that page points out is how social Spotify is - you can Follow friends/artists, share with Facebook/Twitter/blogs - so you should ask, "what kind of people want to share music like that?"

That's all just from one page on our website. You can also check out our blog or Facebook page. Who'd be interested in reading the kind of content we share there?

I'm not telling you the answer, just pointing you in the right direction to find one. There's so much you can figure out with so little actual information. :-)

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.
Songwriter
katsumii

Just stopping in out of curiosity. :)

Many kudos to Adam. I'm no marketer/mediatician (what is the position called? Heh), but with the Internet and consistent connectivity evolving so broadly, it just gets more and more interesting...

Good luck on the project, Pietras95 =)
Without music, life would B♭
Music Lover
monkey29992

Hey there!

I recently did a presentation on Spotify too, and my group mate found this information (not sure whether it's accurate or updated) that 80% of Spotify users are 35 years old and below. Also, check out Spotify's brand guidelines (somewhere on the Spotify's website), it provides the characteristics of the market that Spotify aims at.

Good luck with your presentation!

Walking with vengeance.
Announcements

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.
If you'd like to join, please make sure you read the attached pdf file and fill out this form:
Please log in (or register) to see the link.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.