Step 1

NEXT STEP

Your speedtest

Your speedtest

Hey,

Post here your speedtest. You can use www.speedtest.net

Here's my:

Mobile broadband

Mobile broadband, Unlimited data, max. 15M/5,76M, 13,90 € / month. I use it as my main internet connection at home.

07/22/2012: Elisa updated a tower in my area, now max. 21M/5,76M!

Elisa

Post your own.

60 Replies

Hey there,

To add image, click on editor "Tree picture", a button after link button in Editor.

Then click "Download image from link" or "From hard drive". Then when downloaded, add it!

My Dual Carrier up to 21 Mbps (Mobile network) 🙂

Or choose in speedtest HTML code and add it in editor HTML view!

My new cable modem 100M/5M. 39,90 € in month.

Cable modem 100M/5M 40 € month

3G network in our area and in a commune is slow. It's overused. I updated my plan into 4G LTE as this is new and not used much and designet to data only. It works, now I can stream Spotify and Netflix Full HD to my iPad with reliable connection. I was just tired to watch Buffering with my 3G tethering from phone to iPad on the go. With 4G it's a good bye to this stuff!

The speed is good. 50M/25M is promised. This is mobile Internet connection. Speed may vary from area to area and they still improve 4G all around Finland. In my area 4G coverage is great for 20 € price.

original.png

My home cable modem speed is this. 100M/5M is promised. This is home Internet connection. The speed is the same no matter in what time I run speedtest. So it's very great connection for 40 €.

Cable modem

The LTE works, but speeds and signal may vary from area to area, so it's a still good plan to use Cable modem at home. It's faster and more reliable. And this LTE at the go in Android phone or Apple iPad is better than nothing!

Anyway I decided to run this speed test. I ended up on second run with these results Dpeed Test

This is from running standard Cox broadband service. I supposed I could up the download speed to another 10-20 mb/s with a service upgrade but I rarely have issues with the speeds I currently have. Most of the slowness I end up encountering is due to the server ends which are not running as fast. There is fiber available but through another service and I absolutely refuse to use the services of the company providing it. I am able if I need it through my cable to push my broadband up to the 50mb/s if I just have to have it, I also think there is a tier option for the 100mb/s option for home access use for movie streaming buffs who just has to have it.

Running fibre from Singapore.

Meet Jeremy! | Day Entrepreneur, Night, Music Fanatic
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

Fotor01004125818.png

Speedtest today: Stable cable modem 100M/5M & Mobile network 21M/5M in my home village. I think these very great speeds. At home especially, always 95 Mbps at every speedtest no matter about time. 3G DC is ok for phone to listen Spotify out. And everywhere.

Cable modem 94.95 Mbps / 3.65 Mbps of 100 Mbps / 5 Mbps.

Mobile network 13.3 Mbps / 2.2 Mbps of 21 Mbps / 5 Mbps.

I'm so jealous about all your results 😞

3819601940.png

Fiber to my new house, although this being Wales it's not the fastest thing ever. Connection is definitely more stable than what I had in my old house last year though! 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

@Carina_ wrote:

I'm so jealous about all your results 😞

3819601940.png

This thread really made me think about switching the provider. The result? IT IS NOT POSSIBLE TO UPGRADE AT THE PLACE WHERE I LIVE :((( And I actually don't live in the forest, on a hill, in a tunnel, on the moon, in a small town or something. Next week I'll receive my new phone and I'm going to have 4G/LTE on it with 4-5 times faster internet on mobile data than in my wi-fi. This makes me so sad and I'm going to jump around when I move to another city where it's possible to have a 100k connection...

Currently at 50% of my total download speed (120mbit). On my iPhone I have 50mbit 4G but mostly I will only have 25mbit.

@Carina my server results will make you (and myself) jealous.

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
Last.fm | Twitter

Backstage Intro - Meet Jordi!
What's it like to be in a Spotify Office?

Did I help? Please add a like!
Did I solve your issue? Please accept as the solution!

Great news!

My teleoperator will increase upload in cable modem for free 100M/5M will be 100M/10M for same 39,90 € price in month or so. They are updating current plans from customer to customer, new customers will get new speed instantly. They have now 10M/10M 26,90 €, 50M/10M 32,90 € and 100M/10M 39,90 €. They are also testing 200M/10M in cable modem network at some places.

My package is fastest up to 100 Mbit/s with Entertainment TV-digibox. I can record tv programs and watch these over IPTV.

The Elisa uses the same Lithium platform and I asked this better up over Idea forum. I'm glad they listened as there is really need for upload today. You upload HQ pictures for resize need, you upload a file to Dropbox... These 5 Mbps was great, but really 10 Mbps is so much better.

This is not updated yet, but soon it will be.

My mobile data plan in smartphone is also from Elisa, 21M/5M mobile network, Unlimited data, for 14,90 €. Voice minute or sms message 6,9 cent each. 20 Internet SMS's for free (from teleoeprator pages).

Currently at 25% of contracted speed (10Mbps). Usually, it only reaches 80-100% after midnight and before 8AM.

Yesterday, the provider was operating over capacity and I managed to get this insane result:

FullSizeRender 2.jpg

@Rodluizpant wrote:

Currently at 25% of contracted speed (10Mbps). Usually, it only reaches 80-100% after midnight and before 8AM.

Yesterday, the provider was operating over capacity and I managed to get this insane result:

FullSizeRender 2.jpg

That's really no speed! We get this easily on 3G mobile network at peak time too. At least 1-5 Mbps. On my calble modem every time thru the day 95 Mbps.

Hope you get one day 100 Mbps speed... you can then use all possible services without any worries About Tomorrow.

Sadly I have no 4K devices Netflix provides 4K. But, these would run easily on 25 Mbps at my 95 Mbps speed, and maybe my next TV is 4K when is purchase time. I will use my FHD Smart-TV as long as possible (as long as it works). Just no need currently for 4K and 4K content is small too!

This is my test:

Speed Test

I think I have a good connection.

This is my mobile speed: A big sh*t

@OviiiOne@  wrote:

This is my mobile speed: A big sh*t

True story 😄

But at least you have an AWESOME connection at home! I wish mine was as fast as yours

@Carina wrote:
True story 😄

But at least you have an AWESOME connection at home! I wish mine was as fast as yours

I prefer a balanced speed, it isn't healthy wait 15 min until open Spotify Community in mobile version.

I have now updated speed. I'm so pleased with this. Finally can upload a lot more at same time... Less to wait.

100M/10M Cable Modem

Great for 39,90 €. Also Entertainment Digibox with IPTV recordings. (TV shows, series etc. from TV channels).

21M/5M Mobile Network (at home place)

Not as great as I want... But it realy works for my Spotify need outside... To listen handsup and dancecore. Party music! 🙂

And it is Unlimited! 14,90 € month.

Here we go again - turn it up!

My ISP ONO is mad, i pay for 100M and this is what I get via Wifi!

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/i/1116694958

Mine

4107042109.png

Suggested posts