Spotify Announcements

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Richard

Introducing great new ways to discover music

[ Edited ]

We're very happy to announce some major upcoming changes to Spotify. Never again will you have to ask the question "what should I listen to next?" as we're about to make music discovery easier and better than ever.

First up is the new Follow tab

Here you'll not only be able to see what your friends are listening to, but also what playlists they're creating and sharing. And it's not just your close friends  - we're happy to welcome on board real artists and tastemakers who'll keep you updated with the latest songs you have to hear.

Want to know what Bruno Mars is listening to right now, for instance? That's only a click away. Follow him you'll get an update as soon as his next album is out, too. Connecting with your favourite artists has never been this easy.

Whilst you're following lots of interesting new people, you'll also want to check out the Discover tab.

Here, we'll be your new best friend and offer handpicked recommendations that we think you'll love. We'll give you a full explanation of why we've picked each song too - like any best friend should.

You'll get concerts reviews, new people to follow, recent album releases and plenty more - all on the same page. That's more time spent listening to music that's right for you - and less time head-scratching.

Fancy something we've picked out? Add it to your Collection and it'll be waiting to be listened to whenever you feel like checking it out.

But wait, there's more! Last up is the Audio Preview feature.

With all this great new music you'll be discovering, you might not want to interrupt the song you're currently listening to. After all, why should the music ever have to stop?

Simply hover your mouse over a song that you fancy and you'll get a short snippet to listen to.Then save the song for later, play it in full or go right back to what you were listening. It's up to you.

The upcoming changes will be rolled out over the next couple of weeks. The first installment of these features will come very soon. So if you're keen to try out these for yourselves just hang on in there. A great new music discovery experience is on the way.

For any new updates as they come in, please subscribe to this thread:

Screen Shot 2012-12-06 at 19.58.04.png

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips
Award Winning Artist
hpguru
I'm a Community Rock Star

METALLICA IS IN SPOTIFY!

[ Edited ]

Hey Richard!

Why you not announcement that METALLICA is in Spotify now?

But let me say this: you have best product ever I used for 2 years and those new cool features are so cool. I wait those... Please let me know download link from where I can download this cool update now, not in 2025. :D

I can't wait this for weeks before my client auto-update itself! I'm so ready for betatest this!

Toast

Spotify for music listening, user since April 2009. Netflix for movie watching, user since July 2013. 100M/5M cable modem and 50M/25M mobile network. Pimp your life with streaming everywhere!
Community Manager
Rorey

Re: Introducing great new ways to discover music

Also in recent news...

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Spotify-for-browsers/idi-p/1583

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Subscribe-to-Artists/idc-p/218062

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips
Peter
Kudos: 11,978

Looking forward to seeing these new features :D 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Yoda and Bug Whisperer

Spotify Last.FM Twitter Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Gold Streaming Artist
MattSuda

YAY!

Now all I need is repeat track mode! =)

Matt Suda
Spotify Community Rock Star

User since September 2011    Founder of repeat one    I met Daniel Ek    Don't forget to SMILE =)

Comedian with Autism. I get geeky with technology. Music keeps my heart beating.

Verified BadgeMy Spotify Profile  Twitter: @MattJSuda  Website: mattsuda.com
World Tour
Marco

[ Edited ]

OMG Metallica \m/

My first "real" music I've listened to, that's just great! :D

Also can't wait for the discover feature!

Spotify
David

[ Edited ]

Also, here's a little video. Hope you like our new website too! 

-----
Spotify
Community Legend
SteveBrammer

Every single piece of hardware in that video is made by Apple!
Spotify = Apple Fanboys ;-)

Spotify
David

You try and get out, but they pull you back in.
-----
Spotify
Community Legend
krikelin

Will the first users get the new desktop client with discovery this week or next?

สวัสดีครับ Music is for the spirit as what food is for the body. Dr. Sounds. Between March 27th - April 5th I will be on vacation and have limited or no access to the internet.
Announcements

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.
If you'd like to join, please make sure you read the attached pdf file and fill out this form:
Please log in (or register) to see the link.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.