Spotify Announcements

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Manager
Rorey

Introducing the Spotify Play Button

[ Edited ]

Yesterday, we announced the Spotify Play Button, a wonderful new way of integrating Spotify content within blogs, websites and other social networks.

The Spotify Play Button is a simple yet extremely powerful music widget that makes it easier than ever to deliver all the world’s music to fans of your website or blog. Adding the Spotify Play Button to your Tumblr, website or social page will light it up with music in a flash and feature any song, album or playlist. To enjoy the tunes, all you have to do is hit Play. Totally free. Totally instant. Totally awesome.

For more information about the Spotify Play Button, check out our blog post and developer site.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips
Community Legend
krikelin

Re: Introducing the Spotify Play Button

This comes very handy for my project Bungalow, which aims to be a open source framework for html5 apps, and should also be able to run simpler spotify apps

http://bitly.com/Hviv5T

สวัสดีครับ Music is for the spirit as what food is for the body. Dr. Sounds. Between March 27th - April 5th I will be on vacation and have limited or no access to the internet.
Regular
seagrape

Are listeners required to have Spotify installed on their computer/phone to play shared music?

Award Winning Artist
hpguru
I'm a Community Rock Star

Yes. Spotify is required.

Spotify for music listening, user since April 2009. Netflix for movie watching, user since July 2013. 100M/5M cable modem and 21M/5M mobile network. Pimp your life with streaming everywhere!
Community Legend
Afront

Love the widget!

Love the widget!

How the heck you added this??? Trying for hours now.  Ano...

How the heck you added this??? Trying for hours now.

Another try...
Spotify for music listening, user since April 2009. Netflix for movie watching, user since July 2013. 100M/5M cable modem and 21M/5M mobile network. Pimp your life with streaming everywhere!
Award Winning Artist
hpguru

Wow, why this works now?   Another try... Sorry...  Can't...

Wow, why this works now?

Another try... Sorry...

Can't believe. Who changed something in this Community? Now works.
Community Manager
Rorey

Broken play button

Is the play button appearing broken for anyone else?

I may have made a community change which caused this.  I'd like to know if I'm the only one seeing this.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

Award Winning Artist
hpguru

Hey, I see normally this music box and play button.   For...

Hey, I see normally this music box and play button.

For while I saw 404 error in music boxes.

Community Manager
Rorey

Play Button Errors

The Spotify website was down for a few minutes last night.  It seems we were viewing the errors during that window.  

Don't hesitate to let us know if any of you guys experience any issues with the play button.  

Announcements

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.