Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

original.png

Backstage Intro: Meet Macarena

Richard
1 Hello Macarena, nice to meet you. Tell us a little about yourself.

Hey! So my name is Macarena (yep, it's not just a song) but you can call me Maqui (which is pronounced like Macky).
Anyway, nice to meet you too! 🙂 I was born in Peru but I grew up in Spain and i've been living in the UK for 2 years now.

I love travelling (if you haven't noticed), music, my grandma's hands, cooking, dancing, dancing while i'm cooking, Friday nights and laughing. People are my passion, I paint, draw and do photography, all based on human anatomy. I'm about to start a course on Fashion Design, it's been my dream for years and i'm super exited about it!

I hate when people meet me and do the (classic) joke "Heeeey Macarena, aaah!" Hate it. I hate nothing apart from that. 

394535_2758496374543_2035963957_n (1).jpg

2 So, what kind of music are you into?

Anything and Everything. I listen to all kinds of music! My dad is a great musician, he's taught me the value of music. I grew up listening to Chicago, Boston, Eagles, Chick Corea, Carole King, Ray Charles, Kenny G, Doobie Brothers.. and so many more! 
Of course, my latin influences are there. I love latin music; salsa, bachata, cumbia, merengue, everything which means moving the hips right and left!

However, I always thought I should have been born before my time. I'd probably die if I could see Janis Joplin, Pink Floyd, Kool and the Gang, Bob Marley or Marvin Gaye in concert.

My guilty pleasure is Hip Hop music, 90's Hip Hop though. 

3. Favourite cartoon from your childhood and why?

Powerpuff Girls and Dragon Ball Z. 

Powerpuff Girls because any 5 years old girl wants to have superpowers, be cute and have that awesome bedroom full of cool toys to play with, when you are not fighting enemies in the city of course! Plus, Mojo Jojo is super funny! 

Dragon Ball Z, easy. My big brother was in charge of the remote control (he decided that) and I had to watch it. Turns out that I got hooked and I watched the whole series. I love it! 

4 What are you most proud of?

My family. Awesome people. All I have is thanks to them, they give me a reason to smile everyday. 

5 What's your favorite 90's one-hit-wonder/ dance craze? 

How Bizarre (OMG) or Mambo No.5 (Lou Bega)

6 Thanks for taking the time to chat with us. Before we go, what joke always makes you laugh?

My sense of humor is a bit crap to be honest! I guess i like bad jokes, kind of: 

- Mom, mom! 
- Yes? 
- Do chocolates run?
- No darling, they don't run..
- Oh, then, i think i ate a cockroach. 

I told you! 😛
2 Comments
Peter__

Glad to have you as part of the team @Macarena ! 😄 

Employee or superuser?