Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

backstage pass.png

Backstage Intro: Meet Richard

meahtenoha

Hey @Richard,  thanks for taking the time to have a coffee and a quick chat today. Mind telling the Community about yourself?

Hello! I'm Richard. I'm a libra. I like long walks and hot baths.970744_10152892119730405_813482606_n.jpg

In my spare time I like to write short stories and shop for excitingly coloured socks.

We hear you’ve seen British Sea Power live more times than Wes Anderson has worn tweed (13 right?). What’s your second favorite band and how many shows have you seen?

That's right! I've seen BSP fourteen times now, and I'm showing no signs of stopping.

If I had to pick a second favourite band, I'd go with Public Service Broadcasting. I've only seen them four times, but I'm catching up! Also, their initials are PSB, so it's almost like being at a BSP gig anyway. 

They say you shouldn’t judge a book by its cover. But let’s say you stumbled on a book with a picture of Adam lounging on a boat in the River Cam with an umbrella in one hand and a meerkat in the other with the title “Mysterious Ducklings”, what would you surmise about this book and its plot?

Well to begin with, you absolutely should judge books by their covers. Covers are an essential part of the book-reading experience.

And with regards to that particular cover, it sounds like a delightfully wistful sort of country romp. I'm getting a sort of Wind in the Willows kind of vibe, just with a meerkat instead of Mole. When can I read it?

Rumor also has it Rushmore is a favorite film. Did you start a society in high school or at university? If you didn’t, which would you have been most likely to start?

Rushmore is a fantastic film, and a lot of people have independently said that I remind them of Max Fischer.

At university I was president of the 'Amoral Sciences Club' - basically a stuffy sort of philosophy society. It involved getting students together once a week to drink wine and eat biscuits. Happy days...

Before we say farewell, please tell us your best joke.  

Q: What's big and small at the same time?

A: A big egg.

2 Comments