Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

original.png

Backstage Intro: Meet Rorey

Richard

Hello Rorey, nice to meet you. Tell us a little about yourself.

Hello. Nice to meet you too. I’m a Georgia boy from a town called Fayetteville. I moved to Sweden about four years ago to work for Spotify. My spare time mostly involves running, being a very mediocre guitar player and occasionally brewing my own beer. I also like to harass Richard about football (soccer) news because he hates sports talk so much it makes him visibly uncomfortable. 

15583181147_b1f863ecf9_k.jpg

So, what kind of music are you into?

Spotify keeps clustering my listening into Indie Rock, Hardcore, Ambient and Icelandic Pop. I reckon thats a fair assessment. My favorite bands are Sigur Ros, Brand New, Wilco, the Decemberists, Comeback Kid, and the Hold Steady. Also, when I forget to turn off private session you can catch me listening to Disney movie music. 

http://www.last.fm/user/roreyjones

Being the Community Manager sounds like hard work. Do you ever get the chance to take a holiday? Where do you go?

Living this close to so many cool places I try to squeeze the juice out of all my vacation days. Since I moved to Sweden, I’ve been to Denmark, Finland, Iceland, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Poland, Slovenia, Croatia, England, Austria, Hungary, Switzerland, Portugal, Qatar and Tanzania. Iceland is my favourite…hands down. 

What's the greatest ever movie soundtrack, in your opinion?

Can I give you a top five? I think thats about as close as we’ll get. The Life Aquatic Soundtrack, Cold Mountain Soundtrack, Guardians of the Galaxy Soundtrack, Lawless Soundtrack and the Garden State Soundtrack.

Thanks for taking the time to chat with us. Before we go, what joke always makes you laugh?

Probably something way too immature and inappropriate to publicly post here. Its not really a joke but the movie Hot Rod made me laugh so hard that I accidentally spit brownies and milk all over my keyboard the first time I saw it. 

15 Comments