NEXT STEP

original.png

Backstage Intros: Meet Anthony

Richard

Who are you?

I'm Anthony Bayley. Anything else? 😛

anthony.jpeg

Tell us a bit about yourself.

I'm still Anthony whilst writing this question, I'm 14, and I live in Kent which is in South East England. In my free time I swim, play the flute, and play computer games (Dota 2 mostly to be precise, I'm sure half of you will be LoL fans and hate me for it but we will establish at this point that Dota holds dominance 😛 ). Of course the other time is spent on the community which is also good fun! And in case you didn't infer it from the picture, I have an avid interest in flying and want to become a commercial pilot, yes that does mean you'll be putting your life in my hands one day on a plane, and I'm sure a lot of the other superusers will be asking for a parachute when they find I'm flying them!

Music is everything. What album changed your life?

Hard question. Because I'm one of those people I'm going to go for Now that's what I call music 80 in order to save me being scalded for picking wrong, but mainly because it influenced the way I listen to music today, I'm very much one for variety, I don't really have a favourite band/artist.

Lady Gaga needs a new outfit for a show tonight, and she turns to YOU for advice. What do you suggest she wears?

Harder question 😛

Upon googling it there seem to be mostly rather above PG rated photos, so it depends whether I want to be morally correct or please the audience! However, because this is public, something reasonably sensible and not hideous; probably something reasonably sensible, a white dress with some kind of jewellery stuff on it. I'm definitely not becoming a designer when I get older!

What is the real deal with airline food anyway?

Haha! I've always liked airline food myself (apart from when they try to go fancy), but I'm sure a lot of people would disagree with me! British airways often have nice stuff but sometimes when they get the awfully fancy chefs in like Heston Blumenthal things go rather pear shaped, for example I'm not sure 'Iberico ham, chorizoand Cumbre de Trujillo cheese with tomato and olive dressing' should be served at 40,000 feet above the Earth, stick to masterchef please.

Finally, tell us your best joke.

Note to self, don't become a comedian either, my career choices are rather limited it seems 😛 Anyway, let's think of one quickly and get it over with, and because I imagine it would be more contextually relevant, I'll pick an awful aircraft related one:

Tower: "Height and position?"
Pilot: "I am 1,80 m and I'm sitting"

Tower: "Say altutide"

Pilot: "ALTITUDE!"

Tower: "Say airspeed"

Pilot: "AIRSPEED!"

Tower: "Say Cancel IFR flight plan"

Pilot: "nine thousand feet, one eighty knots indicated"

You'll probably need to have a vague knowledge of flying to understand the second part 😉

2 Comments