NEXT STEP

Backstage Pass

Backstage Intros: Meet Greg

Jamie

Who are you? 

@Greg.

Greg

Tell us a bit about yourself. No lies.

I went through a stage as a teenager where sometimes I would forget to eat. My record was two days. I do not recommend anyone tries this. I also spent a large part of my younger years acting in plays and films. I also did some writing and directing. I often tell myself I will start writing again. I will.  

Fascinating stuff. Favourite cartoon from your childhood and why?

Pokemon for the flashing images, Transformers for the character development, Noah's Island for the inspirational polar bear.  

Music is everything. Which album changed your life?

Three of my all-time favourites: David Gray – White LadderJamie T – Panic PreventionM83 – Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

What are you most proud of?

A three week trip up the West Coast of America that took a lot of planning and even more cash, but was totally worth it. 

Which figure from history would you most like to fight?

I did a study on Hannibal's invasion of Rome, if we each had an army I'd like to fight him General vs General. I feel like my experience playing Age of Empires and watching Time Commanders will be enough to win. If we're talking one on one showdown, I'm going with Achilles. I think I've got him covered. (This should be a Community thread)

For anyone that doesn't already know, Tom Cruise is your favourite actor. Not even kidding. What is it about Tom Cruise that you admire so very much?

Just to be clear, Gary Oldman is my favourite actor and Tom Cruise is my favourite movie star, those are two different things. Tom Cruise is the most consistent movie star of all time. He literally has not been in a bad film.   

You've also been actively involved in the acting business yourself. What's the greatest role that you've played?

For enjoyment, Bugsy Malone. For the wedge, a Slytherin wizard in Harry Potter. 

Finally, tell us your best joke?

Saying that Transformers was my favourite cartoon because of the character development (They develop into modes of transport)

Keep an eye on the Community Blog for another Backstage Intro next week!

3 Comments