Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

backstage pass.png

Backstage Intros: Meet Jason

meahtenoha

(Questions courtesy of  @Jamie)

Who are you? Jason.jpg

Hey, I’m @Jason Pallett. You can all call me Jason Pallett.

Tell us a bit about yourself.

Ermmm, I could write a novel but unfortunately I forgot how to write back in The Summer of ‘69! It’s ok though, Bryan Adams helped me learn again 🙂

I once fell over whilst running backwards. The only problem was it was in front of 18,000 scary football fans and the Millwall team. It’s the not only time I’m ever going to make 18,011 people laugh but I consider it my finest comedy moment to date. The ‘standing’ (pun intended) ovation I got was phenomenal!

Not many people know that I’m ambidextrous! Yeah that’s right, there’s nothing I can do with both hands. Which seeing as I’m a keen bog snorkeler, causes a lot of troubles!

Favourite cartoon from your childhood and why?!

I’m not embarrassed to admit that I loved Rugrats as a child. There was something about those kids that made me want to wear nappies and never age! I’ve not aged mentally which is close and well, the less said on the nappies the better.

I still take inspiration from that program even now! Phil and Lil have been my motivation for my hairstyle for a while now. That wavy long wavy fringe and short sides is a right winner!

Music is everything. Which album changed your life?

I wouldn’t say it’s changed my life but The Streets – A Grand Don't Come For Free is a brilliant album and Mike Skinner tells a lyrically great story. He’s to lyrics what Snap, Crackle and Pop are to breakfast cereals!

The album that but probably created/inspired my birth is Bob Dylan – Down In The Groove (Remastered) QUICK, next question before I shudder at that thought!

What are you most proud of?

Don’t judge me, but I’m extremely proud of awesome humour and witty puns. My problem is one man's gold is another man's trash! Which in other words means I’m just unappreciated and misunderstood when telling jokes. It’s really a ‘Pun’ishment to me I feel!

I’m also the proud owner of a leopard print t-shirt! I think the shirt is ‘spot-on’.

Football. Football football football. You like football right? Just kidding, I know you do. So, the World Cup. How far do you think we're going to get? Predictions for how we'll go out of the tournament please.

Yeah, that’s right sports fan! I really do love the NFL! HUT! HUT! HUT! (I can kid too!)

Wow, I feel like a real football pundit and not the Adrian Chiles sort but the Gary Linekar sort! I generally feel that we’ll do quite well but I don’t think we’ll win it, I’d say the Quarter Finals! Even after the Italy game, I think we played well. They just took both of their chances, whereas we didn’t!

Who else thought that the Raheem Sterling scored the goal of the match? I went totally and utterly mad when that went in! What, it didn’t go in? It hit the side netting? Ohh, well that’s awkward isn’t?

Sticking to the football theme: Write us a verse and chorus for an England World Cup song. I'm expecting some pretty inspired rhyming couplets.

Put me on the spot why don’t you. 😉

Football is on in Brazil and it’s gonna be the nuts,

Almonds, Cashews, Hazelnuts, We’re gonna kick some butts!

We’re England and we are the gonna win,

But when we lose, this shirt is going in the bin!

Over land and sea and sand, we are Engerland,

But please FA ban that stupid bloody Band!

Hashtag, plastic tag, Not another WAG,

Thank god we’ve got Roy, I bet he’s got a Jag!

Come on Engerland, Let’s win it for me NAN!

Come on Engerland, Becks is a MAN!

That’s a best seller right there! Baddiel and Skinner; that’s bringing Football home!

Finally, tell us your best joke (no puns allowed)?

It’s actually a news clipping I saw the other day:

Mr. K Elloggs, a 62 year old man in Accident, Maryland was found dead in his breakfast cereal last week.

In a bizarre turn of events, Mr Elloggs, was found face down in his morning Fruit and Fibre. Police Chief D. O. Nut originally stated, ‘We’re not sure of the circumstances around the death yet but we can confirm it’s not a cereal killer.’

Since then Dr. Payne, from the coroner's office has today released this official statement: ‘We’re saddened to say that Mr. K. Elloggs was found to have been drowned by a strong Current’.

I was only joking it was a joke really! Thanks guys!

4 Comments