Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

RSP.png

Community Rock Stars visit our Stockholm office

meahtenoha

Last week we welcomed seven of our Community’s Rock Stars to Spotify headquarters for a three-day Rock Star Jam. 

Along with seeing our offices; touring Stockholm; and meeting members of the Design, iOS, Android, Desktop, and User Research teams, the Rock Stars hung out with our co-founders, Daniel Ek and Martin Lorentzon, who thanked them for their invaluable contributions -- over 50,000 questions answered in Community in the last year! -- to Spotify users and the company alike.

“We got to speak to the Leads/VP's of most departments,” said Rock Star Dan Howell (@Daniel), from the UK. “They dedicated time out of their busy schedules to see us and it all went to make this a magical trip for everyone on board.

“When Martin [Lorenzton] came into the room you could immediately sense his fun personality.”

For Peter Doggart (@Peter__)  from the UK, meeting the other Rock Stars was the highlight of the Jam.

“With the Spotify Community being large and international, it was amazing to finally get the majority of the team together in one place. Being in the Spotify office talking to senior members of the team was amazing--we were definitely made to feel appreciated and special.”

Texas-native Matt Suda (@MattSuda) said his favorite moment at the Rock Star Jam was speaking with Daniel Ek.

“Daniel said his favorite feature was ‘"repeat one’". I was the one who pushed for a “repeat one” mode [in the Community Ideas board], so I was happy and shocked to hear that he enjoys it as much as I do.” 

The Community Rock Star Program was launched last November and now has over 60 members who consistently answer questions, chat with Spotify customers, and discuss music in the online forums. 

The other Rock Star Jam attendees included Marco Hülf (@Marco) from Germany, Jyri Väätäinen (@user-removed) from Finland, Josh Nicholson (@Josh) from the United States, and Joe Wylot (@Joe) from Poland. 

“Within the Spotify community there is a core base of dedicated Rock Stars who go out of their way to help everyday users resolve their issues and keep the brand alive,” noted Dan.  

“At the Rock Star Jam the shared loyalty and vigor for [Spotify] was demonstrated by each Rock Star…I genuinely felt like I came home after making and spending time with new friends.”

If you're interested in joining the Rock Star Program, just let the Community Team know here

RSPBlack.png
10 Comments
MattSuda

Thanks again! 😃

Marco

That was such an amazing trip! 🙂

Thanks for this amazing trip!!! And here comes the music 🙂

Thank you Meredith for this unforgetable trip!

Peter__

Definitely a very memorable weekend! Thanks guys! 😄 

Daniel

Such a pleasure to be a part of the weekend, great company and a well planned out experience.

Well organised Meredith, thank you for being such a gracious host.... Next time make sure you hold your brolley up when doing a Stockholm tour.