Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

monthly ideas review 3).jpg

Monthly Ideas Review - July 2014

meahtenoha

Welcome to our 21st
Spotify Ideas Review

Every month the Community Team reviews our Ideas Board and present the ones we’ve updated in the past 30 days.

We've been busy updating numerous ideas this July that needed a status change. 

WATCH THIS SPACE:

1. Add equalizer in Spotify.

Our in-app equalizer is rolling out as part of our latest iOS update for the iPhone and iPad.

Just open iOS app (version 1.5.0) and go to Settings > Playback > Equalizer to access the new feature.

equalizer.png 

2. Fix Spotify Tags 

We're rolling out some improvements to our content validation so you should start to see this improve later this year. Please watch this thread for updates.

IMPLEMENTED:

3. Only show available playlists whilst offline. 

This idea is now Implemented for iPhone and Android users. Just go to Your Music > Playlists and hit the Filter icon at the top of the screen.

Screenshot_2014-08-04-11-53-14.png

4. Add an entire album to an exisiting playlist [Android]. 

You can now add an entire album to either a new playlist or to an existing one when using your Android.

Screenshot_2014-08-04-13-13-25.png

GOOD IDEA, GIVE IT SOME KUDOS:

5. Import and export m3u playlists. 

6. Differentiate streaming quality for wifi and data connection.

7. Display the download size of a playlist.  

ONE MORE UPDATE:

8. Sort and filter tracks inside a playlist on iPhone.

We've got an update for this idea which is still "Good idea, give it some kudos. As of the iPhone update 1.4.1 you can filter the playlists in your iPhone.  

Just go to your playlist and scroll above the playlist artwork. You'll then see the new filter section.

Bring us your ideas!

We also want to give a massive shout to our Idea guardians @Marco, @blake @Fred and @pnc for their help in the Ideas board. If you're interested in becoming an Ideas Guardian too just fill out this form right here

The team is hard working keep all your Community Ideas updated so keep an eye on the board for more news. spotify-footer.png

14 Comments
Fred

I especially like the slight typo that made me an ideas guardian. 😉  Still have a couple of months before even being cosidered for 'rock star'...

Edit: I don't know who, but someone decided to give me a 'Rock Star Role', and I'm now an 'Ideas Guardian' for real! Thank you, you unknown person.

LordElysian

Still no word on a Spotify app for the Windows Store either, with that nearly at 2000 kudos and being an open idea for now two years. Every single streaming radio app is now on the Windows Store, except Spotify. I'm honestly not going to pay a subscription until there's an app for Windows tablets and PCs.

Philip_Hofman

How is supporting Chromecast for an idea.

Please make it possible to use Spoticast the same way that "spotify connect" works.

It can’t be that hard to build, Spoticast is an example.

So far I've been very satisfied with Spotify, but not anymore, they continue to ignore the wishes of their users base.

And have the arrogance to not respond with anything solid over this subject.

Do you forget you’ve to compete with Google music or Deezer, Google music allows 10 offline devices, you can streame to Chromecast, and missing songs can be uploaded in the cloud.

Philip_Hofman

And as my final argument the request for chromecast support already has 5.345 Kudo's(http://community.spotify.com/t5/ideas/v2/ideapage/blog-id/ideaexchange/article-id/30095/page/131)

That is a whole lot more than the equalizer idea, 2.055 kudo's

The only thing this nummers show is that you dont take you're costumers seriously. 

Ultrasonepro900

It's so weird, everytime chromecast gets mentioned here on the Spotify community all I see is tumbleweed blowing by.... 

Freakishly strange that neither any kind of moderator or admin been pursuing this topic that Spotify stonewalling completely. 

I made it my mission since a while back to convert Spotify users to Deezer or Google music service due to Spotifys extremely crappy support and horrible updates and potential new users is pretty easily talked into competing services. 

Spotify started out great but slowly turned into a landgrab service desperately trying to get new users before their imminent IPO, don't they understand you actually need a userbase to be successful? 

It's hard to justify paying for Spotify when we all know Google will bundle their upcoming youtube music key service with uninterrupted music videos and live concerts with possible offline mode and no adds AND their music service that is easily on par with Spotify for the same price. 

To me it's a no brainer, Google wins hands down with everything from excellent chromecast support and all of the above. 

So what does Spotify really offer that would make any sane person stay? Great music catalogue? Is great but nothing no one else offers really. 

Social interaction? Does people still use Facebook and does anyone really care? Should support all of the major ones in that case. 

Wireless streaming? Airplay and Spotify connect.

Hell even ios users want chromecast support due to superior implementation and Spotify connect, well call me when there are over 100 people using it.

Can't say I ever met a single person that even heard about it even less bought into a system supporting it. It sure Sucks badly. 

Start pushing Spotify for solid info about chromecast, this is getting ridiculous with the stonewalling.