Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

monthly ideas review 3).jpg

Monthly Ideas Review - July 2014

meahtenoha

Welcome to our 21st
Spotify Ideas Review

Every month the Community Team reviews our Ideas Board and present the ones we’ve updated in the past 30 days.

We've been busy updating numerous ideas this July that needed a status change. 

WATCH THIS SPACE:

1. Add equalizer in Spotify.

Our in-app equalizer is rolling out as part of our latest iOS update for the iPhone and iPad.

Just open iOS app (version 1.5.0) and go to Settings > Playback > Equalizer to access the new feature.

equalizer.png 

2. Fix Spotify Tags 

We're rolling out some improvements to our content validation so you should start to see this improve later this year. Please watch this thread for updates.

IMPLEMENTED:

3. Only show available playlists whilst offline. 

This idea is now Implemented for iPhone and Android users. Just go to Your Music > Playlists and hit the Filter icon at the top of the screen.

Screenshot_2014-08-04-11-53-14.png

4. Add an entire album to an exisiting playlist [Android]. 

You can now add an entire album to either a new playlist or to an existing one when using your Android.

Screenshot_2014-08-04-13-13-25.png

GOOD IDEA, GIVE IT SOME KUDOS:

5. Import and export m3u playlists. 

6. Differentiate streaming quality for wifi and data connection.

7. Display the download size of a playlist.  

ONE MORE UPDATE:

8. Sort and filter tracks inside a playlist on iPhone.

We've got an update for this idea which is still "Good idea, give it some kudos. As of the iPhone update 1.4.1 you can filter the playlists in your iPhone.  

Just go to your playlist and scroll above the playlist artwork. You'll then see the new filter section.

Bring us your ideas!

We also want to give a massive shout to our Idea guardians @Marco, @blake @Fred and @pnc for their help in the Ideas board. If you're interested in becoming an Ideas Guardian too just fill out this form right here

The team is hard working keep all your Community Ideas updated so keep an eye on the board for more news. spotify-footer.png

14 Comments
Andrews32

This guy gets it! I feel like very few people actually understand how weird it is that a company that values itself in the billions could let something like this fester for so long. And the worst part is, no one has held their feet to the flames! 

The "super users" on the site stay silent and don't use their contact with official Spotify staff, because, hey, free months of music! The moderators (that's really too strong a term for whatever they're doing here) just post blithely, not daring to actually engage the customers. 

The Android/app media has given them a pass on this for some reason, even though apps get called out all the time for far lesser customer service/development crimes. How have they not asked a press official for an on the record quote yet??

I hope their Twitter feed is full of people asking about it every day, so at least there's a record of them denying time and again. We're more than a year out AND THEY STILL HAVEN'T TOLD US WHY THEY HAVEN'T TOLD US ANYTHING YET. They treat us like we're worthless, and dozens, if not hundreds, of users have quit over this. Plus they've certainly all told friends, and they've told friends, and...

Sooner or later, whether it's over this issue or another, Spotify is going to be recognized for the horrible way they treat customers, and Google or Beats/Apple will crush them. It's too bad, because when they first started, I thought they were so forward thinking and great. I hate being wrong. 

clemvall
True that the most wanted ideas should ouviously be on every ideas report. I personally find it strange that the Chromecast idea being completely ignored on this idea report. Why is that chromecast is not to be mentioned on the idea report? Sincerely would like to know. Is it because you are not going to integrate it to Spotify? Some people would like to be informed....
Andrews32

I expanded on my post in this thread in an idea, by trying to make it actionable for Spotify to be held at least moderately acountable for what their customers demand. If you agree, please send your kudos this way, and maybe Spotify will actually have to start engaging its customers: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Kudos-System-Update-for-User-Ideas/idi-p/892879

Andrews32

Meredith, do you plan to address the concerns I raised in that Ideas thread in the August review? Or will you ignore it to tout some 50-kudo'd ideas from two years ago? Any attention to the idea would be very helpful for making this forum useful and holding Spotify even moderately accountable!