Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

monthly ideas review 3).jpg

Monthly Ideas Review - June 2014

meahtenoha

Welcome to our 20th
Spotify Ideas Review

Every month the Community Team reviews our Ideas Board and present the ones we’ve updated in the past 30 days.

We've been busy updating numerous ideas this June that needed a status change. 

UNDER CONSIDERATION:

1. Way to prevent duplicates in playlists.

On our latest Android release (1.1.1) we'll ask you to confirm if you add a song to a playlist twice. Keep an eye on thIS idea for more updates. 

Screenshot_2014-06-27-15-42-58.png

IMPLEMENTED:

1. Queue tracks on the Web Player. 

To queue a track in the Web Player:

1. Right click/ or hit the three dot menu button.

2. Click "Add to Play Queue".

You can check the Play Queue by clicking on the icon in the top right corner.

Screen Shot 2014-07-01 at 2.36.27 PM.png

2. Search among my own playlists.   

3. Keep Spotify on top of lock screen.

You can now see Spotify on your lock screen when using your iPhone or Android. From there you can go forward, backward, pause or play your music. 

photo-3.PNG

4. Android level ducking.

This request was implemented in the Android app update 1.0.1. If you have any other comments/ feedback please post in the idea. 

5. Left click drag from dropdown search. 

When searching for a track you can now click + drag the search results into a playlist on the Spotify desktop app. 

6. Radio genre for the 00s.

7. Option to turn off remote sound [iOS]. 

8. Direct link to the web player on the home page.

music for everyone. .png

9. Show song length in the web player.  

Screen Shot 2014-07-01 at 4.13.27 PM.png

10. Rearrange track order inside a playlist [iOS].

11. Delete individual playlists inside a playlist folder [iOS]. 

GOOD IDEA, GIVE IT KUDOS:

12. Lyrics on mobile. 

We want your ideas!

We also want to give a massive shout to our Idea guardian @Marco for his support. If you're interested in becoming an Ideas Guardian too just fill out this form right here

The team is hard working keep all your Community Ideas updated so keep an eye on the board for more news. spotify-footer.png

18 Comments
Swanny

Can someone explain what changed in #3? Tracks playing on Spotify have always been on the lock screen on iOS as far as I know, unless some other change was made to the behaviour of it.

Duplicate check is not working!

It's a joke, not a Duplicate check.

You only look AT SPOTIFY URI. This is bad, because track can be added with same meta data from another release with DIFFERENT uri -> Duplicate can be added to list without any warns.

This is not implementation, it is a try to implement. It's like joke.

simon87

Don't bother giving the lyrics-idea kudos, Spotify blatantly don't give a **bleep** about kudos, judging from the ignoring of the massively supported Chromecast-request (4800 kudos) 😄 http://community.spotify.com/t5/ideas/v2/ideapage/blog-id/ideaexchange/article-id/30095/page/116?dev...

Peter__

@Swanny - On android, I think the issue was that other apps would take prority over Spotify for lock screen display. 

cHagHi

Seriously guys? Are you implementing ideas with as few as 6 and 8 kudos, and once again, completely ignoring ideas with more than 4800 kudos as if they didn't exist?

Honestly, I think you should reconsider things like the "good idea, give it some kudos!" status, and also you should talk with your Community Managers and PR guys at Twitter/Facebook, and tell them to stop asking people to come here to vote for the ideas. Just admit that you are only going to implement the things that YOU want, with the priority that YOU decide, and that adding kudos to the ideas here might as well be like sending kudos to /dev/null when they don't align with your business plan and/or your own priorities.

And for the record: Spotify is your business, and yes, you have the right to do with it as you please, and many times "you know better". I'm fully aware of that. But then the whole "Ideas" thing should be reworked into something that enable feedback without giving false impressions, or it should be dropped altogether.

Just my 2 cents.