Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

monthly ideas review 3).jpg

Monthly Ideas Review - October 2014

meahtenoha

It's November! And time for our 24th Ideas Review.

Every month the Community Team reviews our Ideas Board and present the ones we’ve updated in the past 30 days.

We've been busy updating numerous ideas this September that needed a status change

IMPLEMENTED:

1. Your Music should be available on the iPad.

Our latest iOS releast (1.9.0) brings Your Music and the new black design the iPad.

From your feedback we know that tablets are one of the most popular platforms when it comes to discovering, curating and saving music. And we know that you’ve been looking for more ways of managing your music. So this month we've brought Your Music to iPad: helping you save, organise and browse your favourite music the way you want to.

You can read more about this release right here

ipad-white-your-music-playlist1.png

WATCH THIS SPACE:

2. Discount Family Subscriptions.

This month we had a big update for the third most popular idea in the Community. With the introduction of Spotify Family this idea is now marked as "Watch this space". 

Spotify Family will roll out globally over the upcoming weeks. To learn more about this deal click right here.

spotify family.jpg

UNDER CONSIDERATION:

3. Create a 'clear cache' button under settings (iOS). 

Thanks for feedback around this guys. We've been passing on your comments from both this idea and in similar threads back to the right teams. We'll update you here as soon as we have more news. 

4. Add support for Google Chromecast

We also updated the Community's top idea which asks for Google Chromecast support. While we don’t have any plans to launch this in the immediate future, we are looking into it, and will let you know as soon as we have any more information to share.

Have feedback for Spotify? We want to hear it. 

The Ideas Board is a key way that we gather feedback about Spotify from our users. We want to know what you love about Spotify and what you want to improve. We work hard to bring this information back to the relevant teams at Spotify HQ so leave your kudos and comments here in the Community. 

We also want to give a massive shout to our Idea Guardians @Marco, @Fred @Carina @dinomight @Peter__ @Taylor @pnc @blake @kbrooksc for their help in the Ideas Board. 

spotify-footer.png

8 Comments
danaspoti
Spotify Family sounds like a great idea, definitely will keep an eye on this 🙂
Peter__

Super happy two big ideas got implemented this month, hoping this is the start of a trend of Spotify finally building big in demand features. 

kbrooksc

Great job implementing ideas! Spotify is listening folks! Keep speaking up in the Ideas Exchange.

Andrews32

Not that Meredith (or in fact any Spotify staff) reads or responds to these things, but the fact that you consider the Chromecast idea to be updated is an embarrassing joke. According to your own post, Meredith, "under consideration" means that the topic has been "discussed internally" at Spotify. 

Do you want a pat on the back for finally bringing up internally something you ignored for more than 15 months and that was twice as requested as any other feature? That hundreds or thousands have quit because of Spotify's pitiful customer "support" surrounding the issue? That every one of your competitors has managed to flawlessly implement, as well as plenty of one-developer shops? 

These self-congratulatory reviews are really sad. Or, as the New York Times called Spotify's PR response to Taylor Swift pulling her music, "desperate." 

So, tell us how the update for Chromecast changes anything. There wasn't a single word in it that announced anything about whether Spotify was even considering implementing it, why it has ignored the thread for so long, or what the reason for the delay is. How much longer are you going to try and string along paying subscribers?

laughingginger

What's sad here is that this company is not listening to its paying customers. I would gladly pay more than the $10 I am paying now in order to have the Chromecast feature enabled in Spotify, but its clear it isn't a priority for them.  (Let me clarify..paying customers aren't a priority)

They would rather be in bed with some speaker company that is in a different market alltogether!  Spotify users shouldnt have to have a Sonos to take advantage of streaming music to a set of speakers. 

Let me ask you Spotify... Has Sonos been sending you subscribers or checks every month? I doubt that they are and whoever started that relationship should take a long hard look at what Spotify will be like if they just keep losing customers. 

If they don't change their course after THOUSANDS of people leave the service for others in the market that have this feature then what hope is there for the rest of us??

My patience with Spotify is running thin and I am willing to look over the reasons I have stayed with Spotify for this long in favor of a service that ACTUALLY MEETS MY NEEDS AS A PAYING CUSTOMER...

I hope Spotify does the right thing and fixes this right away... It's pathetic...