MightySheep

Account Statistics / Information

by MightySheep on ‎07-04-2012 03:51 PM

I really thought Spotify would already have something like this, but I was disappointed when I clicked 'Your Account' under help tab thinking there would be all kinds of cool statistics but instead there was nothing :(

I think it would be fun to compare with friends too now with this spotify social and facebook integration

The kind of information/statistics I would have liked to see are:

- When account was created (who found spotify first?)

- List of most listened to artists / songs

- Perhaps a timeline of how your genre/artist preference has changed

-  Activity (who uses spotify the most?)

- Favorite tracks/artists among friends

- etc

Maybe all this is already up somewhere but I haven't found it, I don't know, but I think it would be a cool thing to have

Hello community! At Spotify, we love data like Spongebob loves Krabby patties. While we don't have plans to implement the exact idea requested, we have released a pretty cool feature we think the folks here will be interested in. Behold! Our year in review generator: www.spotify.com/2013 Just enter your login details on our website and you'll get all sorts of cool info about the Spotify universe in 2013. Also, you can see your total number of streams, your most streamed track, your top ten, and more! Thanks for the idea and enjoy the statistics.
Comments
by talesref on ‎08-04-2012 05:15 PM

Last.fm anyone?

by Gold Streaming Artist on ‎08-04-2012 05:19 PM

Why Last.fm? Those simple things like play counter etc. are in every media player I know - iTunes, Winamp, Songbird...

by ian29 on ‎09-05-2012 07:47 PM

im dying for some stats in spotify. 

by jswetzen on ‎16-05-2012 08:46 AM

+1 for more stats! I want to know how much I've listened to, what device i use the most etc. :smileyhappy:

by JackGander on ‎03-06-2012 10:19 AM

I agree wholeheartedly.  I got a little excited with my first post as a proud member of this community, but I stand by every word of it: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Windows/Incomplete-Activity-on-Music-Spotify-Pages-on-Facebo...

The time has come, friends, to get disproportionately excited about stats.

by er43 on ‎29-01-2013 05:26 PM

I could do without this

by mikkecollins on ‎20-02-2013 06:11 PM

I really enjoy play counts. If we could just have the number of plays and be able to sort using that, it would be fantastic.

by hans-jürgen on ‎10-03-2013 11:39 AM

Adding two more cents regarding Last.fm and Facebook integration: Since Feb 28, 2013, you can finally add your Facebook account details to Last.fm to link both accounts. As this is fairly new, the first features are showing your loved tracks (also from the Spotify app) and Last.fm events that you want to visit on your Facebook profile, but they are planning to add more info soon, e.g. showing your charts there as well. Showing each scrobbled track on Facebook will probably not be implemented though.

by ssthormess on ‎15-06-2013 02:43 AM

I agree with this.

Spotify should have it's own profile page, å la social network, it would be great, for instance, to have Last.fm like statistics (we already have a recommendation engine) or maybe just purchasing Last.fm and incorporating it into Spotify.

For instance, right now I came here because I would like to know how many plays does the Pink Floyd track haves, so we know how far we are from reaching 1,000,000 plays. If this feature is incorporated we should be able to import "our past" from Last.fm, also, currently we can Scrobble so Spotify is "outsourcing" this to Last.fm while it could be an added-value feature for both free and premium Spotify users and it's ecosystem.

Best,

Simon.

by chriscct7 on ‎29-09-2013 06:55 PM

Last.fm doesn't provide any true statistical data other than number of total plays to a given song or overall over a given time period. For instance number of hours listened to over a given time period, total number of hours over a given time period, number of unique songs, etc etc.

Announcements
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count