Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Add support for Google ChromeCast

Will you be adding support to the ChromeCast that Google announced today? Would be great to be able to easily stream music from all my devices to my receiver and tv.

Please see the Api information here: https://developers.google.com/cast/

Update: implementing ChromeCast is superior to using the Chrome browser plugin to move a tab with the Spotify web interface to your TV for multiple reasons. Most importantly:

- You can stream higher fidelity

- You can stream from every device, not only from a computer/laptop

- You can control from multiple devices (so if I leave the room my wife can control Spotify with her phone)

If implemented correctly this would match the functionality of Sonos for a much lower price.

Update February 4th 2014: Okay, so Google has released the SDK now. Please start working on the functionality or at the very minimum give an update to the status...

Update February 19th 2014: 2,000 kudos, hundreds of replies (with more than a handful of cancelations). Apparently Spotify Germany has confirmed Chromecast support is coming. An update would be nice

Update March 24th 2014: 2,500 kudos and still no update. Cancelled my subscription today. Sorry, but if you don't listen to your paying customers we will have to speak with our wallets.

Updated: 2015-10-22

In collaboration with Google, we’re thrilled to announce one of your most requested features here in The Spotify Idea Exchange is here. Spotify now works with your Chromecast.

With Chromecast, listening at home is easy. Simply plug in and cast music directly from your phone or tablet. Play, skip, browse and search using the Spotify app--all Spotify users will get the on demand experience on Chromecast. Oh, and feel free to make calls, watch a video or play games - the music will keep playing. Even if your battery runs out.

To learn more about how you can listen at home, head over to www.spotify.com/at-home.

Spotify on Chromecast from SpotifyCares on Vimeo.

Comments
ard83uy

Dears im considering using Spotify premium but Chromecast support is a must for me. If not i will stay with Rdio (that fully supports Chromecast).

mrcary

PLEASE ADD SUPPORT FOR CHROMECAST

Volpinus
Guys, stop waiting for that brunch of losers to comply they juste don't give a **bleep** about us !!! Just quit ans go somewhere else, they don't deserve our respect or attention....
Andrews32

Have to agree with Volpinus. That post is more helpful to subscribers regarding Chromecast implementation than a single word Spotify customer "support" has managed in the last year and a half. 

cfchris
Apparently Spotify doesn't care that Google is going to steal a LOT of their paying customer's, very likely me included.http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2014/07/25/google-is-making-its-spotify-equivalent...
SigKitInc

I switched to google music despite preferring spotify interface. Add chromecast and I switch back, simple as that.

eymey

@cfchris: Good to see that bigger sites now also put emphasys on the fact that Spotify still fails to support chromecast!

It is only a pitty that the one comment submitted before the editors (apparently) closed the comments section, falsely states that there is a solution (which is a very bad solution compared with native support). 

FourOhs

Bummer.  I have a premium subscription with Rdio and was on the brink of cancelling that to sign up with Spotify instead.  First I thought I should check for Chromecast support first.  There goes that plan.  Speaking with my wallet: sticking with Rdio until Spotify's Android app has Chromecast support.

matt73300

Seriously, spotify ? Spotify Connect in Ford cars, still not on chromecast. Do you care about your customers, sometimes ? 😞

What kind of good experience can we have in a car ?

Chromecast is a non-expensive and powerful device to listen music on a home theather, wirelessly.

Others streaming services did it. Why not you ? ($$$$$$$$$)

Meanwhile you have a linux software, and that's awesome. I'm loving it. Please, need some chromecast love!

:((((

colwellkr

I held off for so long hoping Spotify would add chromecast support. I love Spotify's student discount ($5/mo) but now Google is going to give me 3 months for free just because I own a chromecast. I won't bother coming back either unless the lead heads with Spotify decide to learn how to program a simple Chromecast plugin.  Good luck all, I hope your reasons for staying are worth it like mine was.