Close
neef

Add to library without adding to a playlist

by neef on ‎22-02-2012 11:22 PM

It would be great if you could just get an album offline without having to add it to a playlist and then making the playlist offline, For those of us who get albums more than singles it would be a very handy feature so as to not make a really cluttered playlist just to get some albums in the library

Although this idea has been suggested first, I'd like to point you to a similar, more popular idea here:
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Save-Albums/idi-p/79791

Add your kudos there please - the existing kudos here will be added soon! ;)
Comments
by drzzz ‎31-03-2012 12:17 AM - edited ‎31-03-2012 12:19 AM

Yeah.  why, when I find an album on search in Spotify and drag it to my library all the songs become starred?  I really don't want ALL the songs starred, maybe one or two.  How do I avoid this?  Also, if I unstar the songs they disapear from all list.

by vzey on ‎17-06-2012 08:43 AM

i'd like to add music to the library without having to make it a playlist or starred!

playlists are for making my own mixes, it's messy having so many of them.

by nathansobo on ‎21-07-2012 12:35 AM

The idea of curating my own collection is something Rdio offers. Spotify should too. I want to have a collection of albums, not a bunch of playlists. And I don't want to start every song on every album I want to save. Stars are for extra-special tracks and serve a different role.

by luizribeiro on ‎26-08-2012 05:33 PM

I'm considering moving from Rdio to Spotify, but creating my own collection is something I really miss on Spotify. It's a shame you can't add Spotify songs to your personal library and then access them like you would do in iTunes (or Rdio).

by nmkaufman on ‎18-09-2012 02:58 PM

This is keeping me from moving to spotify, as well.

Rdio and Rhapsody both have this feature.

by multikev on ‎15-11-2012 02:53 PM

I completely agree with this. This particularly applies to mobile users. After awhile using Spotify for mobile, you end up with a huge bunch of playlists just to sync some albums to your phone.

I tried out Rdio, and have to say that feature alone is making me think of swithcing. Search is powerful, but I still want to curate a list of 'my music' for easy browsing, and I won't always remember band names.

Please facilitate this kind of usage. I prefer Spotify in general, it's Desktop client is much more stable, so would like to stay with Spotify.

by World Tour on ‎09-03-2013 01:09 AM
Status changed to: Duplicate Idea

Although this idea has been suggested first, I'd like to point you to a similar, more popular idea here:
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Save-Albums/idi-p/79791

Add your kudos there please - the existing kudos here will be added soon! ;)
by jjtguitar on ‎07-06-2013 09:17 AM

Please do this!

by anastasios912 on ‎06-07-2013 07:11 AM

Why hasn't this been added yet? How difficult is it to add another section underneath collection called "Spotify collection" and organize them by artist and genre? I feel like this should take months not years Spotify...

Announcements
Labels
Polls
I follow people on Spotify because..

Top Choice: ..they have good music taste and I want new recommendations. (66%)

Votes: 92
Votes: 180
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count