Close
RC3

Adding Notes to songs

by RC3 on ‎18-03-2012 08:30 PM

One thing that I think could really make Spotify better is a way to add notes or a user description of sorts to songs once they're added to a playlist.  For example, I created a playlist called Trailer Tracks that has a number of songs featured in popular movie trailers.  However, there is no way for me to tag each song with the trailer it was featured in. 

A way of doing this, or allowing the admin of the playlist to add a description of why a certain song was added or what it means to them could really add a new twist on Spotify and take music sharing to a whole new level.

Comments
by bkorns4 on ‎25-03-2012 07:52 PM

I love to play guitar along with songs in my Guitar playlist, and with this (like in itunes) i can write the chords in the notes so i don't have to look up the tab if i forget!

by LordArne on ‎04-06-2012 01:26 PM

I have a playlist where i put funny songs from the 80/90's. I have made it collaborative for my friends to add songs, and posting note(s) in the playlist would be awesome for people to know what i want in it.

by Beuk on ‎24-07-2012 06:09 PM

A work around to this is to use Evernote.  You can email the song to your secret evernote email address and save notes in the comments there.  At least that way in Evernote you will only see songs with notes.

by Roxannah on ‎02-09-2012 06:48 PM

adding notes to songs is a great idea and i would also love to be able to add notes to albums as well.

for example, i'm listening to an album that i think it's perfect for a sunday morning and it would be great if i had the opportunity to write a little note saying so. you could use notes for hundreds of things and it would be so usefull. it would definitely enchance my Spotify experience.

by saserre on ‎03-10-2012 04:57 PM

I'm a dance teacher and use the songs for my classes.  Notes would be very helpful so I can indicate on each track which second of the class it goes to.

by phayes on ‎03-12-2012 03:42 AM

This would be *awesome*.  I'm a DJ, and being to make a note that says "Might mix well with track X" would be just great. 

by Pulse on ‎22-01-2013 02:25 PM

As mentioned above, the usefulness of a feature like this for DJs is HUGE! I would love to be able to include a handy reminder on a song about how it related to the set or little easter eggs of info I can then impart to my listeners. Add this feature!!

by Spotify on ‎09-04-2013 02:54 PM
Status changed to: Good Idea, give it some kudos

by nubenube on ‎15-05-2013 06:35 AM

I'm a classical music student, adding notes to tracks would be great. I could write brief analysis on tonality, intervals, rhythm, cadence and so on.

by Have Fans Will Travel on ‎15-05-2013 06:48 AM

I had a dream this is coming so I bet this will happen soon.

Announcements
Labels
Polls
I follow people on Spotify because..

Top Choice: ..they have good music taste and I want new recommendations. (67%)

Votes: 92
Votes: 189
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count