Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Music] Block / Hide / Blacklist Tracks or Artists

The Star feature should be complemented with a way to mark tracks as excluded. Those tracks would then be skipped even when included in the current playlist.
This way the enjoyment of a good album wouldn't be disrupted by tracks you don't like, while the album in its entirety can still be kept in the playlist.
The Anti-star can easily be implemented as a flipside to the regular star as they are mutually exclusive. Click the star once, the track becomes a favorite. Click again, the star icon changes to the anti-star and click a third time and either flag is gone.

A no-brainer to me.

Updated on 2020-05-13

Hey, 

Thanks for coming to the Community Idea Exchange.
We're marking this idea as 'Implemented'.

The option 'Don't play this artist' is now available on iOS and Android.

You can also find more info on hiding individual tracks from playlists or albums here.

If we have any information about this on other platforms in the future, we'll report back!

Comments

Is there a way to hide the clean version of albums so there isn't so much to look through?

mistahjan

great idea!

Love it!

sanarena

I would like a block/hate button next to star button, so If I hate a track, it automatically skip to next track whenever same track is on a playlist.

Sometimes there is a track ( maybe a popular track ) where you'll see it on every playlists, but what you'll do If you hate that track/singer?

Right now, I am just pressing next track button whenever this happens, a block or hate feature, would be great so it automatically skip to next track.

Maybe you say that I can simply remove that track from my playlist, but What If I am subscribed to public playlists or playing Top lists.

It is highly useful feature and will make spotify even a better application.

clonn

I totally agree with you, we need that and seems to be easy to implement.

i.e. There's a hate button on Last.fm client and it was a smat idea.

Dubious
Logged onto forums to suggest this , but i found the search function first so im just bimping this thread, if there is such thing on this primitive /fugly "forum"
knutars

I suggest to add a question the first time one clicks the blacklist button when listening to an artist never being clicked before.

Ask the user if s/he want to blacklist the current track or the artist at large. This way, you can blacklist a specific track from some otherwise good artist, skip it and never have to listen to it again (blacklisted song), but later on still be presented with other tracks from the same artist. If you say you want to blacklist  an artist, Spotify would never add anything from him / her / them - preferrably even in friends playlists.

scottt732

Please implement.  I love the apps, but every now and then a really horendous song/artist makes its way into my playlist.  It's a distraction to have to switch to Spotify just to skip the song.  If this isn't doable, can you just block the Offspring and Owl City for everyone?  I'm sure nobody would cry about it.  😉

utandina

Are you like me and have a lot of playlists that are official, and dont like that you have to hear the song that makes you sad/angry/unhappy again and again? Dont you just feel the urge for an ignore button?! Just click "ignore" and you wont hear that song again until you take the ignore away. Its like starred songs but ignored instead. 😄

GoatMouf

+1 Knutars and please add this button!