Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
jolsten

App Idea: Ultimate-Guitar

by jolsten on ‎28-03-2012 07:10 AM

There must be quite a few music enthusiasts using Spotify who are also playing some instrument. So what about an app that enables easy use of Ultimate-Guitar.com together with Spotify? For example I play bass and often learn new songs by playing along with them. Now my practicing is often confusing since I have to find the song on Spotify/Youtube, then go search for the tab/chords, then start the song, then change to the tab again. A Spotify app would make this so much more convenient.

Best regards,

Arttu

Over 40 kudos now, back to "Good idea" status!

Personally, I would love to have that too! ;)
Comments
by Spotify on ‎28-03-2012 07:27 AM

Sort of like a guitar chord / tab version of TuneWiki? Interesting. If anyone from Ultimate-Guitar.com is reading, I'm just going to leave this link here

by gineric1 on ‎15-04-2012 08:34 PM

Was just looking for something like that today.

by tims on ‎22-04-2012 09:01 PM

thats a great idea, i hope that it will be developed 

by rokyoursoks on ‎22-05-2012 11:08 PM
Second. How hard is developing something like this without any prior app development/programming experience? Could you just use the tabs on UG or do they have the rights to those tabs?
by Nac on ‎19-06-2012 04:21 PM

TuneGuitar Chords would be great!!

by meb on ‎09-07-2012 03:31 AM

Fantastic idea! I'd love to see something like this!

by rokyoursoks on ‎14-07-2012 08:34 AM

Is there any way to push this ahead in the forums? This is easily one of the best app ideas out there

by danielvalenciam on ‎28-07-2012 06:20 PM

Lets make that app happen! I am a keyboard player and I have to learn a bunch of new songs and it would be great to listen to the songs on spotify while I see the chords!

by joepie_ on ‎19-08-2012 10:20 PM

I'll suggest it as a project to be build by student developers. Songsterr has a public API which can be used to extract chords (just match the pre-tag and you're done). 

by zacree on ‎03-09-2012 09:46 PM

I was just about to post an idea about this. I'd love this too much. Needs to happen. 

Announcements
ANNOUNCEMENTS

Ideas monthly review: August

Remember!: use SEARCH before posting. Your idea may have already been requested

Please have a look at the Community Guidelines in the welcome board.

Before posting a new idea, check out our idea submission guidelines

Want to know what happens to your ideas? "Check this out".

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count