Spotify Ideas

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
krikelin

Artist user accounts

by on ‎09-02-2012 01:28 PM

This idea is about something called 'artist' accounts of Spotify. it's spotify accounts that are connected to a particular artist profile. 

I believe this will be next big change for Spotify after the apps. I think the artist section should need something like iTunes ping, this would make Spotify a killer app. Artists should get more controls in the artists section, for example be able to bind their Spotify account to their bands profile, and get priviligues to customize their own artist page in their own way. They should be able claim their artists name by a form, and if approved their band will be associated to the user profile, and like developer, it will get additional benefits over 'regular' users, like the feature I will tell you below. 

1. Artist embassadors

I also suggest a feature called 'Artist embassadors'. This feature would allow artists to select a group of other Spotify users who will be 'artist embassadors' for their band. As a artist embassador, it should be similar to the 'founder' role at the community, they get access to prereleases, downloads but also encourage to share their music on various places and also get some free stuff in exchange but also even some part of the income (if possible legally). The ambassador is a spotify account associated to the band as a 'embassador' and will work close with the artists. Embassadors could also gain rewards of featuring the artist content by several means.

2. Spotify Spot

This is a feature that will allow artists to hand out notifications to the user by their artist profile. On their artist profile, the artists could have a feed where they interact with their fans. Off course, a artist could have 1, 000 000 fans if they're quite popular, but the feeds could be shown on the start page.´

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted over 1 year ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos. In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again!

Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
by ‎25-06-2012 04:15 PM - edited ‎15-01-2013 11:14 AM

I already created a fan page for my artist, dr_sounds. Subscribe to the playlist to be a 'fan'! Simple and useful!

by World Tour on ‎11-03-2013 02:13 PM
Status changed to: New Idea

by on ‎15-05-2013 06:51 AM

Mark this as implemented how I donthis?

by on ‎19-08-2013 06:34 AM

it's implemented? then where is the form? :D

by World Tour on ‎18-08-2014 02:42 PM
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted over 1 year ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos. In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again!

Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Announcements
ANNOUNCEMENTS

Ideas monthly review: September

Remember!: use SEARCH before posting. Your idea may have already been requested

Please have a look at the Community Guidelines in the welcome board.

Before posting a new idea, check out our idea submission guidelines

Want to know what happens to your ideas? "Check this out".

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count