Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Trident

Audiobooks

by Trident on ‎29-03-2012 05:08 PM
It would be nice to listening to audiobooks in spotify

2014-09-02

Hello everyone,

We've added a "Word" category in the Browse section of Spotify for desktop and mobile. Here you can find spoken word content such as stand-up comedy, podcasts, poetry and audiobooks. You can even learn new languages while you're at it! 

word 2.png

"Word" is available in the United States and Sweden only right now but we'll be sure to update everyone on the roll out progress. 

Enjoy! 

Comments
by blau on ‎30-03-2012 11:56 AM

This would be awesome.

But they should be seperated from the music. So you can search for a new Audiobook without having to watch out what is a book and what is a song.

by Moderator on ‎30-03-2012 11:58 AM

There are a couple of things available at the moment already.

One of our Community members, Afront, has made a list of these here: http://pansentient.com/2011/06/audio-books-and-fiction-on-spotify/

Enjoy.

by Trident on ‎30-03-2012 04:42 PM
Mybe be a part of tunigo
by Jasonx ‎03-04-2012 05:27 AM - edited ‎03-04-2012 05:28 AM

Richard pointed out one great link with some audio books on Spotify, here are some others:

Sherlock Holmes stories:   28 Sherlock Holmes Spotify Audio Books

This next one has Edgar Allen Poe, HP Lovecraft, etc: Spooky Stories Poems and Performances on Spotify

A bunch of Shakespeare: Shakespeare Plays, Sonnetts on Spotify

And 21 Classic Audio Books on Spotify

So, there are some audio books, radio performances and such on Spotify. Maybe what we need is two things:

1) More of them, and newer stuff

2) An easier way of finding them (it's almost impossible to find this stuff in the Spotify search)

by on ‎12-04-2012 12:05 AM

Thanks for that link Richard, only just spotted it :p

I've made several failed attempts to persaude Big Finish (who make high-quality TV tie-in and SF audio dramas) to test out the waters on Spotify, but they say it's not a platform that would suit them. Real shame that, I'm certain there are lots of Doctor Who fans who use Spotify but have never bought one of the Big Finish CDs!

by bw on ‎05-06-2012 05:56 AM

Ya, it's nice to listen to an audiobook when studying, and it would be convenient if they were well organized. I know that the licenses can sometimes be free too. I just listened to animal farm online for free, no commercials, from a legitimate website, so it can't be THAT hard to incorporate.

by akrde on ‎22-08-2012 01:25 PM

Non-english (i.e. german) audiobooks too, please!!!

by JettBlack on ‎28-08-2012 08:30 PM

My UNABRIDGED audiobooks ON Spotify interests would feature as top requests the following:

GAME OF THRONES (ALL BOOKS IN THE SERIES)

THE SILMARILLION

THE HOBBIT

LORD OF THE RINGS

TALES OF TOM BOMBADIL

CHILDREN OF HURIN

DUNE (ALL BOOKS IN THE SERIES)

anything written by Tolkien dealing with tales of Middle Earth, etc.

by Bepp on ‎04-12-2012 11:54 AM

Read in the Swedish paper that there are some audiobooks available which is awesome.

Didn't find an app that focused on these books though, how come?

Wouldn't this be a perfect way to create a "literary-library" on Spotify? Think there are a lot of possibilites for this branch of the platform if it's, as Jasonx points out, made easier to access.

by er43 on ‎29-01-2013 05:24 PM
Not if prices go higher. I dont need / want them. But if they come, dont make music search more complex, please.
Announcements
ANNOUNCEMENTS

Ideas monthly review: September

Remember!: use SEARCH before posting. Your idea may have already been requested

Please have a look at the Community Guidelines in the welcome board.

Before posting a new idea, check out our idea submission guidelines

Want to know what happens to your ideas? "Check this out".

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count