Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Music] Block / Hide / Blacklist Tracks or Artists

The Star feature should be complemented with a way to mark tracks as excluded. Those tracks would then be skipped even when included in the current playlist.
This way the enjoyment of a good album wouldn't be disrupted by tracks you don't like, while the album in its entirety can still be kept in the playlist.
The Anti-star can easily be implemented as a flipside to the regular star as they are mutually exclusive. Click the star once, the track becomes a favorite. Click again, the star icon changes to the anti-star and click a third time and either flag is gone.

A no-brainer to me.

Updated on 2020-05-13

Hey, 

Thanks for coming to the Community Idea Exchange.
We're marking this idea as 'Implemented'.

The option 'Don't play this artist' is now available on iOS and Android.

You can also find more info on hiding individual tracks from playlists or albums here.

If we have any information about this on other platforms in the future, we'll report back!

Comments
incamper

stupid - instead of including this great blacklist / disable feature you kill the advantages of the star function. 

You don't want to include the blacklist function at the moment because you want to add more music. But you guys find time to bring an ugly update - everything black so one can hardly see where the cursor is or which track has been selected. 

aarrrrh. 

bulletprooffool
I suspect that simply getting rid of Nicky Minaj is easier than making this change . . .Her spewing of filth ruins any playlist!
bulletprooffool
Last.FM can do this! Perhaps I should move my business back there instead?
tschooli

The lack of this feature makes the "Play" button on an artist's page useless. I don't want to listen to commentary tracks every 10 mins.

Buzz627

This is something I really want. there are a few bands that when they start playing on a radio I want to throw the computer out of the window, but then I remember I can just hit skip or dislike. It would be really helpfull to not have to worry about it.

jsg160

I'd love to see this concept expanded to perma-block playlists, users, artists, and coverbands in general.  Thanks!

I'd like to be able to ignore an artist or song I really do not want to hear in radio, other peoples playlists etc. If any of the other similar services offers this function I'm afraid I'll switch right away. I can't stand another eminem song in my radio.

jrkellysr

Great idea! I've definitely thought the same thing before. If there is a thumbs down on the radio why can't there be an "anti-star" on everything else??

choggcom

Call this feature 'mute track'

sonicoliver

+10,000 definately need this... it won't stop me listening to music and it will help you guys figure out which kinds of music not to recomend.