Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Bring Back Sorting in Search Results

This is bad, guys!  

Once was the day (last week) you could sort all of your search results by artist, album, length OR popularity simply by clicking on the name of that column in the full search results view.  

It's even mentioned in a "Solution" from last week.

Now, the column headings are unresponsive and there is now way to group the results of your search, like when you want to see different versions of the same song by one artist:

New Search Results

There seems to be some problems w/ the search function in other aspects of the redesign so perhaps a fix is in the works?

Spotify's greatest strength is the diversity of music accessible but people enjoy it in different ways, not just by popularity.

Please bring back sorting in search results!  This is big hole!

2015-08-29

Hey folks, we're happy to announce this feature is rolling out to customers now. You will have sortable columns in search on Desktop coming your way. Thanks for your feedback everyone. 

Comments
speedofdark8

Man do i love spotify, but if they keep removing basic features and functionality I'm switching to google play music.

I never post but version 9.8 is bad, you got rid of many useful features.  The sorting by popularity or any other type of sorting is complely gone in the search results.  The star system is confusing at best now, there is a plus and a check mark?  Fire the consultants, roll back to the previous version this is bad.

A daily user.

IAF

Agreed, plus they offer far more "artists I might like" than I care to see.  2-4 at most is okay.  But it's overwhelming the stuff they're pushing on paying subscribers - while making the whole experience not fun at all. 

It's like battling a slow internet or commercails before radio "top/bottom of the hour" with 5-10 minutes of commercials in both sides.  Too much wasting of time for anything good - like creating a new playlist.

ablack1218
Agreed. This feature needs to be fixed
niclassandin

Håller helt med, det här är första gången som jag skriver in här för att det verkligen inte fungerar. Som någon skrev tidigare, det här är nästan en dealbreaker för min del. Förhoppningsvis är det bara en bugg som ni inte ännu lyckats fixa men just nu känns det löjligt att betala för något som inte fungerar.

cloudsmaker

I'm afraid it's a bug of somekind not a change. I think it'll be brough back faster if we all report that to Spotify via contact form or twitter.

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/?contact

Brian

Thanks, this is cruical to have. Also popularity should be visible at all times and not hidden as it is now.

Also, weren't you prevoiously able to search/filter within the search result through pressing ctrl/cmd-F? In any case this should be added as an idea - if not already existing.

phruitg

I agree! I need the ability to sort search results on column headings.  Sometimes I need to sort by album, other times by artist or number. 

As a music professional I need these abilities very much and Spotify would become a B-streamer when these features woudn't come back again.

RaymondGroot

I've had my opinion on missing features in the past (default alphabetized playlists!!!) but today is the day I needed to enter the Spotify Community to see 'wazzaaap?!'.. I'm inclined to think this slipped through the design process, as I can't imagine removing the uber usefull sorting of search results to be a conscious decision? I like the design of the new interface, but even with this design - if only the headings [Song] [Artist] [Album] [Rating] remain clickable/sortable balance can return to the universe. 

In case this adds value to my comment; I own a beard that since this change has welcomed several grey hairs - you are messing with my youth!

ErikSwan

Don't know how they could make a change this stupid. This needs to be back immediately.