Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Bring Back Sorting in Search Results

This is bad, guys!  

Once was the day (last week) you could sort all of your search results by artist, album, length OR popularity simply by clicking on the name of that column in the full search results view.  

It's even mentioned in a "Solution" from last week.

Now, the column headings are unresponsive and there is now way to group the results of your search, like when you want to see different versions of the same song by one artist:

New Search Results

There seems to be some problems w/ the search function in other aspects of the redesign so perhaps a fix is in the works?

Spotify's greatest strength is the diversity of music accessible but people enjoy it in different ways, not just by popularity.

Please bring back sorting in search results!  This is big hole!

2015-08-29

Hey folks, we're happy to announce this feature is rolling out to customers now. You will have sortable columns in search on Desktop coming your way. Thanks for your feedback everyone. 

Comments
Knadsen

I don't understand these long-lasting "not right now" statuses for miniscule design features. Like how hard could this be to implement by the next patch? Especially when they used to be included.

mm222

This is extremely frustrating.  Why can't I sort my search results alphabetically like I used to? subtractingfeatures For lesser known artists that don't show up in top few results, it's hard to wade through all the info looking for what you really want. 

tom7465

I agree that missing this sort feature is extremely aggravating

It's been 6 months - is it going to be fixed?????

BarnesIsNoble

I have nothing new to add to this discussion, but was directed here by @SpotifyCares. Removing the feature was dumb, reqires no extra screen real estate by using responsive menus, and reinstating it adds utilitiy.

Echo...

JazzPlayer

I concur! The removal of the sort feature for results is a big negative for me. I thought the idea was to improve products/software, not to make them worse. Please bring back the sort function.

org

Every time I open this app i wonder if its the same UX designer who decided to change the iPhone Caps Lock, then it turns to anger and I wanna punch them in their hipster beard/glasses/hand-manbag/haircut/scarf (yes we don't even have to try to work out what you look like)

Suppose will argue its because they stuck a stupid infinate scroll on search results but there's workarounds to allow a sort. (at min on current shown rows).

Sh*t house.

mikeyg33
I'm giving it another month then I'm going back to mp3's...
JeremyMeyers

So much this.

Tykee

yeah this is rediculous!! 

I can honestly say that I use spotify 50% less now after this ability to sort out tracks by name, artist and more... has disappeared!!

How can something so fundamental be removed??????????? I mean I could understand if they made that feature belong only to premium users or something to get more ppl to buy it, but as I have understood it now, this very important function has just vanished.... -.-

VERY BAD SPOTIFY!! 

newmusicmark

Search results don't make any sense without sorting.  What order are they sorted on?  If you search for one word song like "Fever" you get tons of results : Fever, Heat Fever, Cat Skratch Fever.  I want to just see Fever.  Putting quotes around it helps but I still only get about 13 results that match exatly before I start getting the seemingly random results.  The old search was way better and one of my favorite things to do - finding unheard of covers of songs that I like.