Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Close Button Closes Spotify [Windows]

Or at least minimize it to a tray Icon. But I would say close it. Maybe this is more of an opinion, but I've only used 2 programs that are this bad. Skype and Spotify. And Skype is a really bad program.  So I don't know why in Spotify, the Close and Minimize button do the same exact thing. I would like a quick way to close the program and stop the musik.  This is mainly a problem for me on Windows 7 and I believe linux is very similar.

2015-03-12

Hey everyone. This feature was implemented for Windows users in our latest update (1.0). You can read more about this update here. Thanks for your kudos and feedback here in the Idea Exchange. 

Comments
canuc

I press close to close a program, I press minimize to minimize a program.  Simple as that.

eivindtm

I agree. This is extremly annoying. I'm using windows 7, but this was also a problem when I used Vista. If this doesn't get fixed I might start using wimp instead. It's that annoying.

mattheyan

Agreed.  This behavior is extremely frustrating.  The "X" button means close, at least on windows.  Maybe this is a carryover from osx where you can close a window but the program continues to run in a windowless state, but it should not function this way in windows.

eformo

Most programs now a days have a Minimize to system tray option.  No one likes a program to take up space on the task bar.

Fabse

Could you guys please add some sort of preference to enable Exiting / Completely shutting off Spotify when the cross in the corner is pressed? Or at least tell me where I can find an option to make it so? (And I do know that I can right click the icon in the process line, but that's far from the same.)
I can't be the only one getting severely frustrated by this, and I simply can't be the only person seeing the whole double minimize button thing is stupid?

I'm using Windows 7, 64 bit.

neo-x

Agreed & Kudeod when you think about it. 🙂

Almighty0o0

I don't know where your developers are from, but in the really real world, the "X" button in the upper right hand corner of an application is supposed to exit said application, not minimize it.  There's a separate button for that.  Not that it's terribly inconvenient to have to click "File" and then "Exit".  But it is weird.

neo-x

There is already a post regarding this issue. Please follow this link 

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Close-Button-Closes-Spotify/idi-p/1297

Add Kudos to the post to help it get around.

PS. Search before posting new ideas.

Sam

Neo-x - Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I've just moved the thread over.

jimb1177

An option in the preferences section to make the close button (the cross in the very top right corner in Windows) fully close and quit the program (which is the standard behaviour for windows applications) rather than the current behaviour of minimizing the program to the system tray.