Spotify Ideas

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
militaryhelllbo

Combine Playlists

by militaryhelllbo on ‎08-07-2012 09:31 PM

Sometimes I come across two long playlists that I really like. Can there please be a way to combine two playlists together?

As mentioned you could just highlight all songs of 1 playlist and copy them into the other.

There exists also a new idea about the same thing with an option to prevent duplicates here:

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Adding-whole-playlists-into-each-other/idi-p/659918

Feel free to add your kudos there. ;)

Comments
by ChalkyLove on ‎27-08-2012 11:11 PM

I would like a way to have a playlist that combined all downloaded music on my device and can shuffle between them.  

by bklynfinest15 on ‎21-10-2012 04:42 AM

i was trying to do the same exact thing 

by Besson on ‎28-10-2012 08:03 AM

Highlight all songs in one playlist (shift+end), then drag-and-drop to the other

by therealLara on ‎31-07-2013 02:46 AM

Highlighting all songs in a list and draging did not work. Can not highlight more than one song at a time. Shift + end does nothing when I have the top song in a list highlighted. Is there a way to merge playlists?

by TommyWesters on ‎08-08-2013 11:00 AM

You can highlight all the tracks in a playlist by pressing ctrl+a and then drag all the tracks to the playlist where you want them, or cut (ctrl+x) or copy (ctrl+c) and then paste (ctrl+v) the tracks in the new playlist.

by kivlind on ‎26-11-2013 04:51 PM

Doing the click/drag thing doesn't work if new songs are added to an active playlist, unless you go back to said playlist, sort by the date added column and click and drag into the new list. It would be cool to Ctrl+Click, and then have a menu option to combine the lists, then any new songs could be picked up in the newly created/named list.

by World Tour on ‎26-12-2013 06:55 PM

You could create a playlist folder for those 2 playlists: Spotify menu => File => New playlist folder ;)

by BLong on ‎18-01-2014 06:25 PM
Would like to have this feature on mobile device. Rarely use spotify on home PC.
by World Tour on ‎21-01-2014 12:57 PM
Status changed to: Duplicate Idea

As mentioned you could just highlight all songs of 1 playlist and copy them into the other.

There exists also a new idea about the same thing with an option to prevent duplicates here:

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Adding-whole-playlists-into-each-other/idi-p/659918

Feel free to add your kudos there. ;)

Announcements
ANNOUNCEMENTS

Ideas monthly review: September

Remember!: use SEARCH before posting. Your idea may have already been requested

Please have a look at the Community Guidelines in the welcome board.

Before posting a new idea, check out our idea submission guidelines

Want to know what happens to your ideas? "Check this out".

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count