Spotify Ideas

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
ccccoc

Copy "local files" on CD / USB Stick from playlist window

by ccccoc on ‎10-03-2012 08:10 PM

Here is the problem: if you have a playlist full of local files, and you want to burn it on a CD, put it on your friend's USB stick etc., you cannot just drag and drop the songs into a folder on your desktop, you cannot copy the files, nothing. It is possible from "local files", which is nice, but then you have to search manually for every single song.

The solution: allow an option to copy all local files in a playlist, in order to be able to paste it into a folder on your desktop, or USB Stick. Since it is already possible in "local files", it shouldn't be too complicated to implement that in the playlists. 

Possible objection: the drag and drop option in playlists copies the spotify Link into the folder on your desktop. This is useful as well and should be maintained. But highlighting all songs in a playlist, and right-click for "copy local files to clipboard" can be added without interfering with the existing setting.

Maybe there are not many people with that problem, but I think it makes it much more convenient for people like me. So please, even if you don't use it, vote for this idea! :womanvery-happy: 

Thanks a lot, c

This idea has been submitted more than 2 years ago but unfortunately hasn't gained enough kudos during that time (10 kudos/year). In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, this idea will be closed for now. Note that this does not mean the idea has been declined by Spotify.

Please feel free to re-post this idea if you still feel you want this implemented. With a little change in presentation, maybe this time it will gain the necessary support from the community.

Comments
by jordigan on ‎17-06-2012 10:18 PM

I also have this problem... please, make it possible.

Thanks.

by trevinavery on ‎18-09-2012 03:05 AM

I love to use spotify for as much of my music listening as I can. I would even prefer to have it as my ONLY audio player. But I can't. If I want to burn a mix CD I either have to use the very difficult method mentioned above, or open something like iTunes and make a burnable playlist in there (and let me tell you, I hate iTunes!!!). Please add this functionallity so I can finally remove this discusting iTunes.

by GeejeeZ ‎16-11-2012 10:15 PM - edited ‎16-11-2012 10:16 PM

Same here. I was stupid enough to download Spotify Premium, having the idea that I then could burn a CD or load a USB stick with a Spotify playlist. Since this appears to be impossible, Spotify is useless to me.

I'm off!

by International Sensation on ‎12-03-2013 12:13 AM - last edited on ‎19-12-2013 11:01 PM by World Tour
Status changed to: New Idea

Changed back to "new idea" status - once this idea reaches 100+ kudos the Spotify staff will review it again and decide on a new status. ~ Peter

by Rising Star FredJ on ‎19-08-2014 11:56 PM
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

This idea has been submitted more than 2 years ago but unfortunately hasn't gained enough kudos during that time (10 kudos/year). In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, this idea will be closed for now. Note that this does not mean the idea has been declined by Spotify.

Please feel free to re-post this idea if you still feel you want this implemented. With a little change in presentation, maybe this time it will gain the necessary support from the community.

Announcements
ANNOUNCEMENTS

Ideas monthly review: September

Remember!: use SEARCH before posting. Your idea may have already been requested

Please have a look at the Community Guidelines in the welcome board.

Before posting a new idea, check out our idea submission guidelines

Want to know what happens to your ideas? "Check this out".

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count