Spotify Ideas

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Garman2203

Customizing Spotify (skins)

by Garman2203 on ‎19-03-2012 09:12 PM - last edited on ‎09-10-2012 11:06 AM by Spotify

In such a highly customizeable world, where are the themes for spotify? My google chrome is wood theme and my text messaging app is an 19th century journal. Could spotify match? I think so. 

Thanks, 

Life-long user. 

Hello everyone.

We have reviewed this idea with our designers and have decided not to implement this right now. We're still exploring the Spotify skin to find something you all love but the option to choose between multiple themes doesn't fit our design philosophy right now.

We're always sad when we can't implement an idea but naturally we can't do everything. As always, please leave us feedback in the comments below.

Comments
by enthdegree on ‎15-02-2012 04:16 AM

I am not sure how hard this would be to implement since it might involve entirely recreating the UI but I would really appreciate it!

by nebojsa on ‎02-03-2012 06:49 AM

I think a skinning feature would be rather cool to have in Spotify.

by dennyelvis on ‎04-04-2012 05:12 PM

Any skins in the pipeline i sure loved winamp for that reason ...........

by Shallwhat ‎07-05-2012 04:19 AM - edited ‎07-05-2012 04:36 AM

Offer a variety of themes for Spotify other then the default grey theme.

You could even offer more themes as a reward system for being a suscriber.

Such as:

1 Month as a Suscriber = New theme

6 Month = New theme

1 Year = New Theme

And so on..

P.S. I would love a clean white theme. 

Also, now that I think about it, having a reward system for being a suscriber for longer periods of time seems like a good idea. I don't know what the rewards could be other then themes, but I'm sure people could think of things.

by napalmx ‎12-05-2012 02:38 AM - edited ‎12-05-2012 02:52 AM

I would like to be able to change skins in Spotify :robothappy:

by on ‎12-05-2012 12:24 PM
by etek32 on ‎27-05-2012 01:16 PM

Hey im a student from norway and i think if we could change the color as we wish like having the background red and the text yellow or something.. i think that would have been awsome :)

by Geoone84 on ‎25-07-2012 11:44 PM

Hello there !

I have been following spottily for most of your first year, I am a loyal customer. Been paying for all the features. One thing I might be interested on having on both Laptop & Mobile is the Following .

1.  Different Skin designed to choose from .

2.  Able to re-arrange my playlist by alphabetical order.

3.  Able to have a chat window with community friends.]

4. Finally create a Club on Facebook that we can all add to meet new people.

Hope you take this ideas to consideration, I will continue to support you program.

Since I love music so much.

Member: Geoone84

by bmorrow10 on ‎08-08-2012 02:54 PM

It would be a great addition to add a skin of the spotify on the desktop, that way you could minimize the full screen, put on a playlist and not have it take up your entire monitor.  I realize you can minimize it to go away, but you have to open it back up if you want to skip a couple of songs.  Otherwise, can't get enough of Spotify.  Both my wife and I have the Premium subscription and we love it.  Keep it up.  

by petek on ‎22-09-2012 02:51 AM

I 100% agree with "Different Skin designed to choose from". As a loyal iTunes user, I'm considering making the switch, but I'm finding the transition to an all-black user interface too jarring. I wish there were a lighter gray skin. 

Announcements
ANNOUNCEMENTS

Ideas monthly review: September

Remember!: use SEARCH before posting. Your idea may have already been requested

Please have a look at the Community Guidelines in the welcome board.

Before posting a new idea, check out our idea submission guidelines

Want to know what happens to your ideas? "Check this out".

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count