Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] DJ Version of Spotify

I'm a DJ. I want a DJ interface for Spotify, where I can play two tracks at once over the top of each other. 

It doesn't have to be anything complex -- just two tracks and a crossfader would do the job. But if you fancy adding things like waveforms, pitch-shifting, and other functionality, that would be lovely too.

Updated on 2019-04-08

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

After speaking to the right teams, we're keeping this idea as 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

As flagged in the last status update, our friends at Algoriddim have an app called djay that allows you to mix tracks using Spotify. You can check out details about djay here.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks.

Comments
Hijsalot

Great.. blackberry and ios... wel how about that other os that no one has.. ANDROID

This is not Implemented for Windows Phone and Android!

Serously why this is Implemented. If this is Not. Well it's a lie. No DJ on Android.

le5533

Hello, 

I think that Spotify is a fantastic tool for satisfying all of your musical needs. I frequently run into a problem however, because I'm asked to DJ, and all of my music is on Spotify. This makes it extremely difficult for me to rely on Spotify. Introduce a spotify djing app, even if it is an additional monthly cost. This would be much appreciated and would solidify spotify as the greatest music app in my opinion. 

Marco
Status changed to: Up for Votes

Marked as new idea. This idea will focus on having a Spotify DJ app especially on the desktop version.

The original ideas topic about a DJ Spotify app in general can be found here

rytymu

I understand that this was implemented this way for legal reasons, but really the whole purpose behind this was so you can mix Spotify tracks together.  Don't get me wrong, it's cool that something was implemented, but this defeats the purpose, and has a limited audience (being only for iPad).  Many of us have said it befoe, we'd be willing to pay extra for DJ services.  

If one account can stream one song at a time, what about building an app around "two" accounts.  Or here's an idea, straight up charge double for the ability to play two songs at once.  Call it a "limited", or "commercial" package.

cgould

Can't Wait!!!! This would be a great thing!

epicyogger

There is a website called mix.until.am where you have an online dj table. Sadly this uses Soundcloud 😞

>>>Epicyogger<<<

EliasNS

As the Pacemaker app is only for iPad, I think this idea shouldn't be marked as 'Implemented', because you can't do that from other pattforms like Windows, Android, etc...

Wolffersdorff

Since I DJ a bit I´ve also thinked a lot about this because it´s so anoying and takes a lot of time to have to get on beatportal or some other musicstore to download all the tracks you want/like when you have all your songs on spotify. It would be even better if you connect your DJ-controller to this spotify-app and mix with that 🙂