Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] DJ Version of Spotify

I'm a DJ. I want a DJ interface for Spotify, where I can play two tracks at once over the top of each other. 

It doesn't have to be anything complex -- just two tracks and a crossfader would do the job. But if you fancy adding things like waveforms, pitch-shifting, and other functionality, that would be lovely too.

Updated on 2019-04-08

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

After speaking to the right teams, we're keeping this idea as 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

As flagged in the last status update, our friends at Algoriddim have an app called djay that allows you to mix tracks using Spotify. You can check out details about djay here.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks.

Comments
Zukameku

The new partnership with Djay is great, but this need to happen on android, and if Djay arent willing to push this there missing out on a large market, im sure there are just as many Andorid users as there are Apple users 

Zukameku

where is this on Android?! like seriously, i bet over half of Premium users are on android, even if spotify came up with a new app that co-insides even if there was a cost attached of say a normal app (£1.99) im sure 80% of people will be willing to pay!

Illeman

Shame on you Spotify. 

I guess its nice to check another feature request as "implemented" but this is NOT done right.

For the respect of all person supporting this idéa just mark it as "not now" if its that you want.

Read thrught the post again!

bear1978

I like the new program, it's great!! But why only for mac?  If i'm going out to play, i always take my laptop with me.

That is a major drawback and dissappointment off this program!!  If you make something do it for everyone, all over the world.

Think about it, you have associated with Spotify?! I don't know what you're business plan is or what  your vision of the future

with the cooperation with Spotify is but hope for something revolutionary that everyone can reap the benefits.

Maybe you do this to test us say like a sort betaversion, and then after the testing to intrigue to Spotify,

That would be revolutionary !!! 

peterlt

Djay 2 by algoriddim now also support dj-software for Iphone. I also came here to see if there was a support for computer. I use Mac.

I will also like to state, that a dj-program for pc (like for Ipad and Iphone which have been made) doesnt have to violate the terms of spotify where it is stated, that you cant play your spotify music in public. I would like to use the dj-program for personal use - create mixes for myself and stuff (Im also not a dj I guess, but I like to play with music).

NaveenB

Spotify DJ for PC

This needs to be done for PC's, especially Windows, me being a Windows used myself. I really hope this can happen soon!

JeromeFr

As people said before I don't think this can be said as implemented if it's only for Apple product.

What about Android, Windows and Windows phone?

Actually an API allowing users to create a plugin for traktor or other DJing softwares would be great.

knmeja

Agreed.  In my opinion Spotify is only looking at this from a financial perspective.  Apple users tend to spend more money, but what they fail to see is that there are 10's of millions more Windows and Android users.  Opening up a DJ's software that interacts with Spotify would translate to more users that would happily pay the premium service to have DJ capabilites.  Stop resting on your laurels Spotify, open it up to the 99%ers.

charnode

I don't understand. How is this implemented for either Android and/or Windows? I only see iOS and Mac.

dodds1966

I gues they think IOS and MAC customers are priorty. How about implementing an option like the one below?

A feedback would be appreciated.

DJAY.jpg