Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] DJ Version of Spotify

I'm a DJ. I want a DJ interface for Spotify, where I can play two tracks at once over the top of each other. 

It doesn't have to be anything complex -- just two tracks and a crossfader would do the job. But if you fancy adding things like waveforms, pitch-shifting, and other functionality, that would be lovely too.

Updated on 2019-04-08

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

After speaking to the right teams, we're keeping this idea as 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

As flagged in the last status update, our friends at Algoriddim have an app called djay that allows you to mix tracks using Spotify. You can check out details about djay here.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks.

Comments
goggler

The best thing to do here is actually combine serato or traktor with the spotify software

If you need DJ version of Spotify, just call a DJ... Ha!

DJ Gollum, DJ Empyre One, DJ THT...

If you need a great party on Spotify outside implemented apps, just call a DJ. He can turn your club around!

dodds1966

Can Spotify PLEASE update us on this request??????????????????

dodds1966

DJAY.jpg

RRCspotify

Hi guys.

Any DJay app version or similar for andriod yet?.

Thanks,

meahtenoha
Status changed to: Under Consideration

2014-10-23

Hey guys, a few of you pointed out this wasn't fully implemented as it's not out on all platforms. We're marking this as "Under consideration" for now to correct that for you. You can read more about djay and Spotify right here

In case you're interested there are separate ideas for other platforms here:

Spotify DJ app [Desktop]

Spotify DJ app [Android]

Update 2014-06-02

Recently our friends at Algoriddim announced a major update to djay for iPhone and iPad. This new version lets all our Premium subscribers mix millions of tracks using their iPhone and iPad, as well as hook up their professional DJ hardware to a massive library of music.

Not only can Spotify Premium subscribers DJ millions of songs, but they’ll also enjoy real-time, intelligent suggestions on what to play next, powered by The Echo Nest’s analysis of all the music on Spotify

MattyPasta
Check this out! Problem solved. I wish it was with Spotify but I use the Virtual DJ program with my USB controller and for $7 a month (I think I pay) my Virtual DJ when connected to wifi can search (so far %100 success rate) any song I type in. It downloads fast as hell, perfectly hi quality, and I haven't ran into any problems yet. I'm using it live on Halloween at Hifi bar in NYC . Ave A between 10th and 11th if you wanna come see for yourselves 😉 but seriously .. When I looked into the program I had no idea it even had that option, i know dj's that use serato and THEY were amaZed that virtual DJ did that.. It's east fast and your limitless to what you can mix in. I think it's the best thing yet especially if your a new DJ with not a huge selection of music. Look it up! Enjoy
dodds1966

What's the update on the djay app for desktop? Is anyone reading?

We just need to know if it's going to be implemented or will it remain a very popular dream.

dodds1966

How about partnering with virtual dj? Maybe spotify should explore that posibility and simply charge premium users extra for using it.vdj.png