Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Discount Family Subscriptions!

Before I made the switch from Rdio to Spotify they (Rdio) came up with a pricing model that allowed families to purchase a slightly discounted subscription.  

$9.99 for single unlimited user

$17.99 for 2 family members (20% discount)

$22.99 for 3 family members (50% discount)

Would love to see a similar pricing model so the rest of the family could get in on the action!

Updated: 2015-04-23

Hey folks! We've introduced Spotify Family. With Premium for Family, you and up to 5 members of the same household can each enjoy their own Premium account. All for one discounted price of $14.99.

Thanks for your kudos in the Community--we want your feedback.

Comments
Fraeco

The imfamous Spotify support. Requests with thousands of kudos go ignored or are only half-implemented. 

How can it be that your community has been asking for this for more then 2 whole years and you still couldn't be arsed to formulate a decent response.

I say decent because the Sprint Family plan is a step in the right direction, but the world is bigger then the US of A. And even there you're alienating customers that aren't with Sprint.

Act on this, or at least have the dececy to keep your customers updated.

druyigo

just came across thread following my need for such and sad that discussion even commenced in 2012. listen to your subscribers

mmansfield1976

Spotify,

Please provide us non Sprint premium users a family plan,  currently my wife is using Pandora (free) and sees no need to switch to Spotify until we can have a bundled plan.  Sprint is not an option where I live.

Thank you

AdrianAycock

This is is the only thing holding me back from moving over from Rhapsody. It's up to you Spotify - otherwise, let your competition continue to win you over. 

webcentrik

Please add this as it seems crazy to have 3 of us and need three separate accounts.

Much as I got mine free on Vodafone, I can get my daughter an account at half price as she is a student, just leaving my wife. £25 a month as I stand but would be nice if it was £20 for 3. This seems to equate roughly to the american pricing, as we normally get stiffed £ for $.

janwijbrand

With kids growing up, this becomes an almost "need to have" feature: one account that can be extended for a small additional fee for each familiy member. If Netflix has the concept of "who is watching now?" within one user account, so can Spotify.

drakedave

Please sell this feature. It will spare me to go back to iTunes Match to do the same trick.

coreymcl

Interesting that this idea was originally asked for back in 2012 and it was under considereration but 2 years later Spotify still hasn't deliveried a solution. I find it unacceptable to have to allow payment on my child's account but I have no access to that account to manager that subscription. Somebody needs to get off their butt and address this

TheAccuser

Would love to see this as well.

Steve83

Will this ever come to Australia as i have just cancelled my subscription and have moved to Rdio because of this and because your lack chormecast support.