Spotify Ideas

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fake

Doppelgängers

by Fake on ‎15-02-2012 03:58 PM

Spotify needs someway to differentiate between two different artists with the same name. It's pretty annoying when you are searching for an artist and its all a big mix of two different artists.

Although this idea has been suggested first, I'd like to merge it with a similar idea that is slighty more informative and has already an official Spotify status here:

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Separate-Artist-with-Same-Name/idi-p/69379

Add your kudos there please - the existing kudos here will be added soon! ;)
Comments
by Spotify on ‎15-02-2012 04:59 PM

We're looking into an ongoing project to get this sorted - We've got a link to reporting albums on Wrong artists right here.

by jeff ‎15-02-2012 05:28 PM - edited ‎15-02-2012 05:28 PM

When I search for an artist, I expect to get a mix, then just click on the name of the one I want, to see everything by that artist. I think that is sort of the idea of searching. But maybe having them more organized would be good.

by vurtual on ‎04-04-2012 01:18 PM

Simillarly, one artist is sometimes listed as two different artists, leading you to believe spotify doesn't have albums that it in fact does, e.g. "The Lightning Seeds" and "Lightning Seeds"

by World Tour on ‎08-02-2013 11:25 PM
Status changed to: Duplicate Idea

Although this idea has been suggested first, I'd like to merge it with a similar idea that is slighty more informative and has already an official Spotify status here:

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Separate-Artist-with-Same-Name/idi-p/69379

Add your kudos there please - the existing kudos here will be added soon! ;)
Announcements
ANNOUNCEMENTS

Ideas monthly review: September

Remember!: use SEARCH before posting. Your idea may have already been requested

Please have a look at the Community Guidelines in the welcome board.

Before posting a new idea, check out our idea submission guidelines

Want to know what happens to your ideas? "Check this out".

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count