Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
sekuether21

Explicit button

by sekuether21 on ‎18-02-2012 04:32 PM

Add a button that controls whether Explicit songs are played or not.  When it is off and you're listening to an album or playlist, the explicit songs are skipped. That way you can still listen to your favorite album or playlist when more impressionable members of the family (kids / parents) are around.

2014-05-23 As it's been a while since we last posted, we want to let you know we're still here and taking note of the kudos/ comments here. Currently this idea is still "Under Consideration". Your feedback around this desired feature is being passed on internally and we'll update this thread as soon we get any news. Thanks again for all your feedback and contributions. We always want your thoughts on Spotify!
Comments
by Gold Streaming Artist on ‎18-02-2012 11:38 PM

This would be useful for parties or family gatherings! 

by dag552 on ‎03-03-2012 09:24 AM

Please add an option to disable the playback of explicit songs. It is quite annoying to be listening in the car with children and then hear f words and the like. Thank you!

by CadMonster on ‎12-03-2012 05:43 PM

I would LOVE this feature. I have young kids and would like to be able to just start a playlist going without having to worry about explicit lyrics being played.

by on ‎14-03-2012 04:57 AM

Some time ago, marks about explicit tracks began popping up on Spotify. Now they have completely disappeared.

Why?

by 1wave on ‎15-03-2012 04:23 AM

I basically can't listen to to Spotify around my kids, sucks it doesn't have this feature.  Each song has this tag, how hard can this be???

by zannwalker on ‎16-03-2012 02:13 PM

Would LOVE to see this feature.  I'm no prude, but sometimes I just get tired of hearing F**k and B***h over and over.

by Cjoy2Day on ‎17-03-2012 01:26 PM

I would think this would be a basic feature.   Please create a filter so I can listen to the songs as if they were on the radio and not the explicit versions.

I'd like to just be allowed to let my playlist go without my kids asking me "mom! what are you listening to?"

by lauracw on ‎17-03-2012 01:40 PM

agreed, this needs to happen!  (And this post would have a lot more feedback if it didn't take 5 steps to be able to click the kudos button!)

by QwikSandy on ‎17-03-2012 06:50 PM

Yes this would be very useful and make the service much better so that it can be taylored to the listening audience.

by ericschwartzman on ‎25-03-2012 10:12 PM

Love the service, but would like to be able to enjoy it in good conscoius with young ears.

Announcements
ANNOUNCEMENTS

Ideas monthly review: July

Remember!: use SEARCH before posting. Your idea may have already been requested

Please have a look at the Community Guidelines in the welcome board.

Before posting a new idea, check out our idea submission guidelines

Want to know what happens to your ideas? "Check this out".

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count