Close
sekuether21

Explicit button

by sekuether21 on ‎18-02-2012 04:32 PM

Add a button that controls whether Explicit songs are played or not.  When it is off and you're listening to an album or playlist, the explicit songs are skipped. That way you can still listen to your favorite album or playlist when more impressionable members of the family (kids / parents) are around.

Hello folks,

We really understand this can be really frustrating and we have heard a lot of feedback on this (both songs and ads). Since this is happening and we really care, we are going to mark this idea as "Under Consideration".

We can´t promise we are going to build a button but we are really looking into this now and working on the best ways in order to solve this in the settings.

We are truly sorry for the inconveniences this is causing to all of you and understand your big concerned on this matter. We will update you as soon as we get news.

Thanks for you feedback and contribution.

Comments
by Label Star MattSuda on ‎18-02-2012 11:38 PM

This would be useful for parties or family gatherings! 

by dag552 on ‎03-03-2012 09:24 AM

Please add an option to disable the playback of explicit songs. It is quite annoying to be listening in the car with children and then hear f words and the like. Thank you!

by CadMonster on ‎12-03-2012 05:43 PM

I would LOVE this feature. I have young kids and would like to be able to just start a playlist going without having to worry about explicit lyrics being played.

by Have Fans Will Travel on ‎14-03-2012 04:57 AM

Some time ago, marks about explicit tracks began popping up on Spotify. Now they have completely disappeared.

Why?

by 1wave on ‎15-03-2012 04:23 AM

I basically can't listen to to Spotify around my kids, sucks it doesn't have this feature.  Each song has this tag, how hard can this be???

by zannwalker on ‎16-03-2012 02:13 PM

Would LOVE to see this feature.  I'm no prude, but sometimes I just get tired of hearing F**k and B***h over and over.

by Cjoy2Day on ‎17-03-2012 01:26 PM

I would think this would be a basic feature.   Please create a filter so I can listen to the songs as if they were on the radio and not the explicit versions.

I'd like to just be allowed to let my playlist go without my kids asking me "mom! what are you listening to?"

by lauracw on ‎17-03-2012 01:40 PM

agreed, this needs to happen!  (And this post would have a lot more feedback if it didn't take 5 steps to be able to click the kudos button!)

by QwikSandy on ‎17-03-2012 06:50 PM

Yes this would be very useful and make the service much better so that it can be taylored to the listening audience.

by ericschwartzman on ‎25-03-2012 10:12 PM

Love the service, but would like to be able to enjoy it in good conscoius with young ears.

Announcements
Labels
Polls
I follow people on Spotify because..

Top Choice: ..they have good music taste and I want new recommendations. (64%)

Votes: 64
Votes: 116
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count