amoll

Favorite artist

by amoll on ‎28-08-2012 02:59 PM

In WiMP for iPhone and iPad you can easily group your favorite music. Search for an artist or album, starmark the artist, album or track and that's it.

Press the button "Favorites", then you can select Favorite artists, Favorite albums or Favorite tracks. Press Favorite artists, then you get an entire list of all your favorite artists. Press one artist, e.g. Colin James, then you get the entire list of all his albums. Press one of the albums, then you see the tracks and you can listen to the album or a single track.

That is a perfect way to create your own selection of your favorite artists and music, much much better than the playlist thing in Spotify, which is only good, if you just want to create a list of e.g. partymusic.

With the favorite artist feature Spotify could work like my own cd collection and almost replace it.

Please copy this feature from WiMP to Spotify.

Please.

This idea has already been suggested here:
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Favorite-Artists-in-menu-that-you-can-classified-by-ge... 

Add your kudos there please - the existing kudos here will be added soon! ;)

Comments
by Moderator on ‎29-08-2012 09:42 AM

Hey, this is currently one of our most popular ideas in the Community, see here: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Subscribe-to-Artists/idi-p/2265

If that doesn't quite match what you're after, try searching to see if there's already another idea more similar.

by amolldk on ‎10-09-2012 08:41 AM

Subscribe to artist news is obviously not the same as having a convenient way to create your own collection of your favorite artists and an easy way to access them. If I want to listen to one of my favorites, like Frank Sinatra, I have to search his name (not practical while driving) to see the list of his albums or create a playlist for him, which will show zillions of tracks, which is very annoying big mess, particularly if I want to listen to a specific album.

by amoll on ‎10-09-2012 09:49 AM

I really love this feature in Wimp, having my own private collection of favorite artists and music right at hand with easy access is the greatest. As long as this feature is not available in Spotify, I will stick with Wimp, event though I prefer the Spotify interface. My subscribtion to Spotify is now cancelled.

by borreboy on ‎15-09-2012 08:38 AM

Spotify - make this feature and I'm yours.

by JagerBHomb on ‎30-11-2012 10:53 PM

I agree. I keep discovering new artists, and an ability to 'favorite' artists would be a great way to keeping track of those I discover, and easily get back to them. Instead of each time searching for them, and forgetting a lot of them.

by mrmozz ‎30-12-2012 04:07 PM - edited ‎30-12-2012 04:07 PM

Great idea!! Just what spotify is missing

by mrmozz ‎30-12-2012 04:15 PM - edited ‎30-12-2012 04:17 PM

Hey, this is currently one of our most popular ideas in the Community, see here: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Subscribe-to-Artists/idi-p/2265

Seriously Richard? The idea you are refering to got nothing to do with the idea suggested here! Did you acctually read the first post? It's not similar in any way. No wonder it takes forever time to inplement new features when spotify staff don't even understand what the ideas we are suggesting are about

by zehdeh on ‎06-01-2013 03:01 AM

Especially on my android it's very painful having to search for artists you listen to every time. And I simply don't want to stuff everything from one artist in a playlist. Especially since the songs are sorted nicely by album on the artist page.

Simple shortcuts to my favorite artists would be sufficient.

by buzzbuzzitsabee on ‎11-02-2013 03:32 AM

I just started to try out spotify and immediately was looking for a way to create a favorite artist list and thought surely i was missing something. With out that function, I would never upgrade to the paid version. Too bad, seems like it would be perfect with this feature. 

by World Tour ‎24-02-2013 01:21 PM - edited ‎04-03-2013 03:26 PM
Status changed to: Duplicate Idea

This idea has already been suggested here:
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Favorite-Artists-in-menu-that-you-can-classified-by-ge... 

Add your kudos there please - the existing kudos here will be added soon! ;)

Announcements
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count