Spotify Ideas

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
mark8

Go back to the old library layout!

by mark8 on ‎30-01-2013 11:04 AM

I just upgraded to Spotify Linux (preview?) 0.8.8.323 and I really don't like the new white/gray layout! I liked the old (dark) layout. The new one has poor visibility and navigation. It's not very natural and it's hard to get around.

I don't know how much my vote counts here, but I liked the older library/tracklist layout much more.

This idea has already been suggested here:
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/New-Artist-Page-Layout-Back-to-the-Old-one/idi-p/24253...

Let's keep the discussion about the new layout at 1 idea topic! Posts/Kudos will be merged soon! ;)
Comments
by Cyclotaur on ‎30-01-2013 03:33 PM

I totally agree on this. And they have also removed some songs from bands aswell now i cant find them anymore.  When i search for tesseract only the instrumental songs from the Concealing Fate comes. The album One has with songs aswell not only instrumental.
PS: Is there a way to report bugs for this?

by World Tour on ‎30-01-2013 04:30 PM

Agree!

While I probably could get used to a lighter skin (normally I prefer dark ones too) - I totally dislike the incosistency of that new skin. Only Artist/Album view got a redesign (because those elements are now webbased). The playlist view and everything else is still stuck on grey.

I've made an attempt with my custom skins to at least adjust the old elements to the new web-based, white elements (that can not be changed). You can check it out here.

Anyways, best solution would be the ability to officialy Customize skins!

by JThorne on ‎30-01-2013 06:41 PM

I agree. I prefer the dark theme as well (iTunes still drives me crazy with their update forcing the light theme). There should be an option to select light vs dark or support Custom Skins as mentioned above (similar to Firefox, etc.).

by Brocklesocks on ‎31-01-2013 06:35 AM

I agree. I actually created an account on these forums so I could add my support to this idea. The light UI is definitely not easy on the eyes, and I would definitely favor the option to use the dark theme based on preference.

This is way too harsh of on the eyes since I use it on an ambient monitor. Unfortunately, if the light UI is here for good, I'm going to have to use another music service. It's that big of a deal!

by Soundofus ‎31-01-2013 04:18 PM - edited ‎31-01-2013 04:19 PM

I agree also with the dark background and this can also be include > <a href="http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Last-client-update-january-28th-for-me-it-needs-option..." target="_blank"></a>

by on ‎31-01-2013 10:18 PM

I also agree with this. It makes no sense that the Spotify client sidebar and people list are grey but the middle portion is jumping between white (artist pages and search) and grey (playlists) all the time.

Keep it grey as it always was.

by JtL on ‎31-01-2013 10:44 PM

What  I would be completely satisfied with would be Spotify letting the user keep his old version and not force-updating. Otherwise, restore the old design and functionality!

by rouzic22 on ‎01-02-2013 02:21 PM
Status changed to: New Idea
I totally agree on this. Je suis complètement d'accord avec vous! I do not like this new search interface! Je n'aime pas cette nouvelle interface de recherche!!! In addition, in this new interface, the current track is no longer highlighted. De plus dans cette nouvelle interface le titre écouté n'est plus marqué. I want to go back to the old version. j'ai envie de revenir a l’ancienne version. Regards.
by rouzic22 on ‎01-02-2013 02:22 PM

I totally agree on this. Je suis complètement d'accord avec vous! I do not like this new search interface! Je n'aime pas cette nouvelle interface de recherche!!! In addition, in this new interface, the current track is no longer highlighted. De plus dans cette nouvelle interface le titre écouté n'est plus marqué. I want to go back to the old version. j'ai envie de revenir a l’ancienne version. Regards.

by Award Winning Artist on ‎01-02-2013 04:16 PM
Status changed to: New Idea

Announcements
ANNOUNCEMENTS

Ideas monthly review: September

Remember!: use SEARCH before posting. Your idea may have already been requested

Please have a look at the Community Guidelines in the welcome board.

Before posting a new idea, check out our idea submission guidelines

Want to know what happens to your ideas? "Check this out".

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count